Macri cheats, fight fire with fire

Pagina12 is "news" that is put through a highly ideological filter with conspiracy theories mixed in to reflect back the viewpoints of the readership. Anytime you see a story there where there is a hint of scrutiny towards the Ks, you'll find a very angry comment section.

I know that every news organization has their biases, but Pagina12 is like a Fox News - quite extreme in how close they stick to the party line.

It's a successful business model. I don't knock them for it.
Whilst I could hardly agree more, is there any reason why this post wouldn't be equally valid if we substituted La Nacion for Pagina12 and CNN for Fox News? I'm genuinely curious to know what, if any, difference people see. It seems to me that all these so-called news providers are playing the same game, and all are equally vile.

In other news (strangely not covered by Pagina 12 yet...) protesters downtown broke into the Ministry of Social Development leaving workers and security personnel injured after cutting 9 de Julio. Inside they allegedly broke things and vandalised the building. You can see the video of them violently entering the building.

How embarrassing for the government of the pueblo to have the pueblo storming a ministry because they are hungry. Maybe it explains why it attempts to distract its remaining (and presumably well fed) fans with baseless rumours of 400 macri-micros instead.

Whilst I could hardly agree more, is there any reason why this post wouldn't be equally valid if we substituted La Nacion for Pagina12 and CNN for Fox News? I'm genuinely curious to know what, if any, difference people see. It seems to me that all these so-called news providers are playing the same game, and all are equally vile.

I think Pagina12 is more extreme in their adherence to the FPV party line. If they published an article tomorrow, saying hey it looks like Cristina is guilty of what she is accused of, the company would cease to exist 2 months later. Their readership would disappear.

Clarin publishes a lot of trash too, but they were K supporters until 2008. They aren't so loyal to one party and ideology. If they published an article tomorrow saying Macri is a crook, they'd be find, people would still read them.

Macri would have saved this country had they given him 10 years

Well that was fast. Alberto just signed a decree required by the court to allow Macri to talk about state secrets. But I’m sure there is nothing political or electoral behind it...

Actually, Pagina12 is reporting the same thing as you have said

Finally, the former president Mauricio Macri carried out the act in the city of Dolores, prior to his judicial appointment to testify in the case for the illegal espionage that his government carried out on the relatives of the ARA San Juan. There he sought to show himself as a politically persecuted person and said "to be in solidarity with the relatives" of the sunken submarine and accused the national government of "using a tragedy to harm" the opposition.

"Here I am trying to understand this untimely and unfounded summons in the middle of an electoral campaign," said the former president in front of the small concentration in front of the Municipality of Dolores.

A handful of people to support Macri

The concentration brought together the militants in an area that did not exceed half a block of street and short sections of the square and sidewalk of the communal palace. According to Macri, there were no more people "because on the road (to Dolores) there were more police checkpoints than normal."

"There are always these evils," he said as the time he blamed the rain for the failure to call one of his opening speeches of the regular session in Congress.

So there you go. It would seem I was completely mistaken, certainly not for the first time, and probably not for the last ;)
He didn’t testify. He was interrogated.

In other news (strangely not covered by Pagina 12 yet...) protesters downtown broke into the Ministry of Social Development leaving workers and security personnel injured after cutting 9 de Julio. Inside they allegedly broke things and vandalised the building. You can see the video of them violently entering the building.

How embarrassing for the government of the pueblo to have the pueblo storming a ministry because they are hungry. Maybe it explains why it attempts to distract its remaining (and presumably well fed) fans with baseless rumours of 400 macri-micros instead.

MTR Histérica are marxists, not Peronists. These are troskos, not peronchos.
Denounce this behaviour, by all means, but don't blame it on the K

Last edited:
MTR Histérica are marxists, not Peronists. These are troskos, not peronchos.
Denounce this behaviour, by all means, but don't blame it on the K
Never said the protesters were K - said they were hungry and embarrassing for the Ks (Afterall, how can hungry people exist with so much platita in las bolsitas?) Still find it amazing that the government mouth piece Pagina 12 didn’t report on it.

Never said the protesters were K - said they were hungry and embarrassing for the Ks (Afterall, how can hungry people exist with so much platita in las bolsitas?) Still find it amazing that the government mouth piece Pagina 12 didn’t report on it.

Why would they? We can't have people knocking over a bust of Perón, making denuncias with polenta when we were promised asado can we? Ah pero Macri...

News organizations all around the world ignore inconvenient news. Let's not pretend it's just Pagina12, or just Argentina.
One well known example would be that reporter from NBC Sports pretending to think the crowd at Talladega was chanting "Let's go, Brandon".

Back