Macri: Huge Tax Increases? "insensitive Capitalism"

sergio

Registered
An Argentine friend who can't stand Cristina is worried that Macri will greatly increase taxes, utilities and generally make life harder for the middle class. He argues that Macri represents cold blooded capitalism. "He won't want to give the jubilados an increase because he hates unproductive people". The friend said that everything is extremes in Argentina. With Cristina it's communism, love of Venezuela and Iran. With Macri, insensitive laissez faire capitalism. Any truth to these views?

I've heard that he's going to privatize everything: water, food, air, Santa Claus.

He's also building a very shiny and beautiful building called "Torre Neoliberal" and the top floor is only for jubilados and poor people so it's easy for them to be pushed off the balcony and make sure they die, instead of surviving the fall and becoming a burden again.

Although if they survive, privatized oxygen should take care of them anyway.

I've also heard that he's actually the leader of the Serpent People which is why apparently he can't relate to humans very well.

Before December 10th though, we might have a shortage of aluminum foil because of all the hats that need to be made...

An Argentine friend who can't stand Cristina is worried that Macri will greatly increase taxes, utilities and generally make life harder for the middle class. He argues that Macri represents cold blooded capitalism. "He won't want to give the jubilados an increase because he hates unproductive people". The friend said that everything is extremes in Argentina. With Cristina it's communism, love of Venezuela and Iran. With Macri, insensitive laissez faire capitalism. Any truth to these views?

All correct, or maybe I should say good information...

Macri is the devil and CFK is his alter ego.

Doesnt matter who wins , we have to start to pay for things we consume at close to international prices.

Scioli would be good for me personally but Macri is best for the country , if he gets to do what has to be done.

True my next door neighbor , who works for the Campora , has the same idea... B) However he is sure that Kicillof will work out a deal with the IMF , through the IMF Head, Ms. Lagarde to receive a $10 billion soft loan , may be is only a rumour ? :rolleyes:

0013766348.jpg

All correct, or maybe I should say good information...

Macri is the devil and CFK is his alter ego.

Doesnt matter who wins , we have to start to pay for things we consume at close to international prices.

Scioli would be good for me personally but Macri is best for the country , if he gets to do what has to be done.

With accompanying international salaries and pensions?

The way I see things, Macri has to at least shade the truth a bit. There is no way a candidate that comes onto the stage and starts shouting "the house is on fire" is ever going to get an audience. A smart guy will figure out how to get to the microphone and get everyone to stand up and stretch their legs in the aisles before he starts shouting.

Macri scored big, I thought, when he was able to confront Scioli face-to-face and tell him, via question, that this government is lying to the people of Argentina and that things are not good, and that more people know it than the current establishment thinks. They've gone too far.

Macri stands a chance, perhaps, to do some good for the country if he gets elected and if he can convince the people that what is about to come, as far as whatever pain the country feels from the rebound of the K's time in power, is not his fault, but rather Cristina's. The first thing he has to do when he gets into office (if he's elected) is something similar to what Vidal has already done - "Argentina, we have a problem and it's worse than I thought". He has to bring out all the crap he probably already knows about and air it in plain daylight. INDEC lies, corruption, etc. It gives him a serious out to do some things that are necessary and may hurt more than people want, but won't necessarily put him in a bad position for a second term if things don't spin completely out of control and he at least stops the bottoming out before the end of his first term.

Scioli, on the other hand. personally, is in a bit of a political pickle if he wins. If he stays tight with Cristina in the beginning, and things go to hell before he can affect any positive changes, he either has to break with Cristina and start telling everyone it was her fault and he was left with the axe (and how many will believe him) or completely lose out (probably for good) in the next election, maybe to Cristina herself (who will say Scioli was the wrong choice to continue at the helm, she has to correct things). The only thing for him to do is to break with Cristina after the election and cry to the world the same things that Macri should do, then do something different than she has been doing in order to save things. Would he do that quickly or wait?

Either way, if either of them fails (i.e., whoever is elected), then look for Cristina to try for a comeback in the next elections. Either way, whoever wins will have to be a leader to succeed.

Bradly posted a very interesting, leaked CIA cable in another thread related to the previous presidential election and a possible face-off between Macri and Scioli at that time. The report had some good things to say about Macri, while reading between the lines about Scioli it made him look almost like a coked-up desperate man on the verge of losing his mind.

In the cable, Macri mentioned that he could see Argentina making significant advances economically in the next 40 years if the country could be led into a new reform era. It kind of makes Macri look like a sane, stable guy thinking of the future. Whatever the result, I personally believe that Macri is (relatively) honest and sincere and not so interested in continuing with the corruption currently inherent in so much of the country.

I like the sound of what Macri had in mind for the next 40 years. I could even see myself becoming a citizen in this country, if it became reform-minded. But I ain't holding my breath yet.

I don't think for a second that Macri is honest but I admit that he has leadership skills. I am not at all convinced that Scioli has the character to break with Cristina and implement policies that involve reduction in the number of public employees etc. I see it as much more likely that Scioli will continue in a similar manner, just less ideological.

Macri has a vision of a better Argentina but does it extend to the majority of people - or is his vision limited to the minority of wealthy people? My impression is that he views the US as the model but does not really understand the US, for example he seems to see the US as having little labor protection, hence an environment friendly to employers. He sees fewer regulations and what appears to be something close to laissez faire capitalism. Does he also see that the US has checks and balances, a working judicial system, an extensive social umbrella? This is what worries me.

Does Macri understand that a successful country must have a strong middle class and opportunities for the poor to advance? I worry that the selfishness I see among many wealthy Argentines may influence his behavior if elected. Of the two candidates, Macri seems the only choice however I am worried that once again Argentina will go to extremes.

I don't think for a second that Macri is honest but I admit that he has leadership skills. I am not at all convinced that Scioli has the character to break with Cristina and implement policies that involve reduction in the number of public employees etc. I see it as much more likely that Scioli will continue in a similar manner, just less ideological.

Macri has a vision of a better Argentina but does it extend to the majority of people - or is his vision limited to the minority of wealthy people? My impression is that he views the US as the model but does not really understand the US, for example he seems to see the US as having little labor protection, hence an environment friendly to employers. He sees fewer regulations and what appears to be something close to laissez faire capitalism. Does he also see that the US has checks and balances, a working judicial system, an extensive social umbrella? This is what worries me.

Does Macri understand that a successful country must have a strong middle class and opportunities for the poor to advance? I worry that the selfishness I see among many wealthy Argentines may influence his behavior if elected. Of the two candidates, Macri seems the only choice however I am worried that once again Argentina will go to extremes.

Interesting. What makes you think this is what Macri is like? I am actually curious. Don't really care for the usual rhetoric but actually wondering what it is that shapes your view of who Macri is.

Where does this view of Macri as the ultra neoliberal come from? It doesn't come from rhetoric since he's not saying anything like that. It doesn't come from the record, since that has been the case in the city in the last 8 years. It seems like most of this comes from a superstitious distrust of the wealthy which paints him as the heartless capitalist because he's the rich son of a billionaire.

Speaking of records Porteños love him and there is a reason why. He talks less than most Argentine politicians and he does more.

For those that believe Macri isn't looking for greater honesty and transparency in government, what about his pick of Vidal for Governor? To me it shows that he is looking for people who are truly looking to do a good job and not just line their own pockets. But I'm sure there are those that think it's him picking someone rather green so they are easily manipulated?

It's not just about the candidate for president, but the people who are on his team. Macri has Michetti, Vidal, Prat Gay, Sanz. Carrio (who a lot of people can't stand, I know). He hasn't named ministers but I have more faith in the people surrounding him than the mafiosos with Scioli.

Who does Scioli have on his team? A bunch of idiots, thieves, mafiosos. Zannini, Berni, effing Bossio (an idiot), Urribarri, Vanoli (seriously?), Telerman (Telerman? Will we never be done with him?) ugh and then all the FpV diputados and senators.

For those who don't speak Spanish or have never seen your potential future president speaking in English here are some samples. At least either one of them is an improvement over Bad Information, Bad Information

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BqXwNU4DuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pao8xk2YWgw (I can't say Scioli's english is better or worse than Macri's from this very brief clip -- Scioli has problems speaking clearly in Spanish, so who knows if it's just the same tics coming through in english.)

Back