Macri: Huge Tax Increases? "insensitive Capitalism"

Thanks for those clips syngirl. Its not that important to me whether they can speak English or not but its still interesting to see. My only question is, why the hell does Macri sound like a little scared kid when he's speaking in English? "ehh, don't hurt me!!"

Thanks for those clips syngirl. Its not that important to me whether they can speak English or not but its still interesting to see. My only question is, why the hell does Macri sound like a little scared kid when he's speaking in English? "ehh, don't hurt me!!"

I agree he's not as dynamic in English. But have you never noticed that you are not the same person speaking in one language as the other? No matter what one's level of Spanish, though especially at lower levels of ability, we do not express ourselves in the same way. That's also why I said that Scioli can't be judged on such a small clip, especially as we know he tends to sputter and pause in his native tongue.

Whilst Macri's dancing is questionable, his English is pretty good. Scioli on the other hand doesn't seem to care at all.
And why is it important to be able to speak English on the world stage?
Take a look at Cristina's pathetic attempts at English and you quickly realise that in doing so she comes across as a buffoon.
Argentina has a very commendable and high percentage of English speakers; you only have to look at the number of English/American schools to realise that it's taken very seriously.
Most of our circle of friends and family speak some English; Adri and her son speak it natively in fact. That's a far cry on how we in the UK regard foreign languages, which is embarrassing quite frankly, but that's another matter.
Whoever is elected will end up on the world stage and having an extra weapon IE English, up their sleeve would be a major advantage.

Whilst Macri's dancing is questionable, his English is pretty good. Scioli on the other hand doesn't seem to care at all.
Take a look at Cristina's pathetic attempts at English and you quickly realise that in doing so she comes across as a buffoon.
Argentina has a very commendable and high percentage of English speakers; you only have to look at the number of English/American schools to realise that it's taken very seriously.
Most of our circle of friends and family speak some English; Adri and her son speak it natively in fact. That's a far cry on how we in the UK regard foreign languages, which is embarrassing quite frankly, but that's another matter.
Whoever is elected will end up on the world stage and having an extra weapon IE English, up their sleeve would be a major advantage.

Where did I ever say that it was important that either one of them speak english? I think both Nico and Gringo need to read my posting -- all I said was for "those of you who don't speak Spanish or have never seen your future president speaking in english" here are some vids. Did I say it's important? No, I just said it's their language capabilities are certainly an improvement over Bad Information Bad information.

I do think that in today's world it is important to speak at least two languages. Then again, i come from Canada where being able to speak both official languages is a requirement to be PM. If Argentina wants any rapprochement with the rest of the world of course a president who can at least casually converse in another language helps. Scioli says he speaks 4 languages in fact, but not sure how much beyond Bonjour, Buongiorno, Hello (and sometimes even his native language he stumbles). Speaking casually is also a far cry from speaking on complex technical matters. Macri was much more measured in his interview with FT than he is in his native language. However at least being able to say a few words does help relations when outside of the country. Some portugese capabilities would be nice in either of them but I don't believe either can speak it.

But of course, language capabilites do not make the man, nor the president. For instance, the only candidate in the USA with relatively fluent language capabilities is Jeb Bush. Yes, Jeb.

Where did I ever say that it was important that either one of them speak english? I think both Nico and Gringo need to read my posting -- all I said was for "those of you who don't speak Spanish or have never seen your future president speaking in english" here are some vids. Did I say it's important? No, I just said it's their language capabilities are certainly an improvement over Bad Information Bad information.

I do think that in today's world it is important to speak at least two languages. Then again, i come from Canada where being able to speak both official languages is a requirement to be PM. If Argentina wants any rapprochement with the rest of the world of course a president who can at least casually converse in another language helps. Scioli says he speaks 4 languages in fact, but not sure how much beyond Bonjour, Buongiorno, Hello (and sometimes even his native language he stumbles). Speaking casually is also a far cry from speaking on complex technical matters. Macri was much more measured in his interview with FT than he is in his native language. However at least being able to say a few words does help relations when outside of the country. Some portugese capabilities would be nice in either of them but I don't believe either can speak it.

But of course, language capabilites do not make the man, nor the president. For instance, the only candidate in the USA with relatively fluent language capabilities is Jeb Bush. Yes, Jeb.

Jeb Bush in Spanish not bad ... .... . See Video Below

[background=rgba(28, 28, 28, 0.8)]https://youtu.be/Mvc63HMcYFg[/background]

Let's calm down a little. I was just saying its not important to me. Didn't say whether anyone else thought it was important or not.

Sciolis English was at the Level of Me Tarzan You Jane... :D Perhaps his reading and verbal comprehension is better.?
Macri showed some ability to communicate verbally, his reading and oral must be good-

In today's globalized world its essential for a leader to communicate in English....IMO For instance in G20 , etc.

I agree he's not as dynamic in English. But have you never noticed that you are not the same person speaking in one language as the other? No matter what one's level of Spanish, though especially at lower levels of ability, we do not express ourselves in the same way. That's also why I said that Scioli can't be judged on such a small clip, especially as we know he tends to sputter and pause in his native tongue.

An individual's personality is very much defined in his native kanguage, Jeb Bush is fluent in Spanish but sounds like a Gringo... so does John Kerry in French even with a Beret...? Expats for the most part speaking in Spanish miss most of their "appeal" :cool:

I once sat through an hour lecture in English from Jose Maria Aznar ex PM of Spain , It was embarassingly bad...

Speaking English or another second language should be a necessity for most of the candidates . A decent education or a succesful career should also be a must.

Abogadas exitosas and those with dodgy marketing degrees need not apply.

Where did I ever say that it was important that either one of them speak english? I think both Nico and Gringo need to read my posting --
Oops!
This line in my post was a precursor to my following statement. It was a question I threw out and it wasn't questioning you, Syngirl.

Back