Macri Or Fernandez's Who Will Win Paso

Who Will Win PASO Macri or Fernandez

• Macri

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Fernandez's

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will eat my hat if the man admits to be wrong on anything; he opts without fail to change the goalposts or just change the subject. The depth of his inability to be wrong on anything can only be described as Trumpian.

He seems to have difficulty holding two thoughts in his head simultaneously:
1. that Macri’s stewardship of the economy fell woefully short;
2. that (1) does not imply that stewardship of the henhouse should be given to the fox.

===========

PS Turns out that - surprise! - we may have been right:

Because of course a market panic plunging the peso by 25% (!!) on news of the K crew’s likely return, could only have been orchestrated by Macri.
No reflection at all of sentiment on the street, no sir.
Don’t look; keep walking.

I used to think Macri was incapable of admitting defeat, but yesterday evening’s press conference had us see a Macri that in my opinion was like a dog with his tail between his legs, and whilst this may be because he never dreamed the results would be this crushing, yesterday may have been the first wake up call.

I don’t think ALL was gloom and doom under Macri and feel like he did TRY, albeit his efforts were futile because as I’ve mentioned before, Argentina is not a country where the majority of the population have the time to wait for improvements and want/need instant gratification (planes sociales) and not to have to penny pinch for paying bills with the tarifazos despite the CFK rates being unheard of and unrealistic.

Macri brought back to Argentina foreign investment and foreign brands that before never thought to look to Argentina because of the currency and import controls and hosted what was probably one of the most important G-20 summits which (at that time) brought a positive light to Argentina and had all of the hotels and restaurants enjoy fully booked reservation books which they hadn’t seen in a long time. Mind you all of the above did NOT affect the average Joe and this is part of the reason why Macri is lacklustre to all but the upper middle/upper classes (mostly).

Some may have forgotten over the past years what it means to live not just with standard, run-of-the-mill dishonest politicians, but in a full-press nuthouse where things mean whatever the party says they mean, rather than what your lying eyes tell you.
To all those: Wake up and be reminded.

Exhibit #1, a 25% plunge in the value of the peso (vs. USD) in response to the results of the PASO.
What does the K candidate, Alberto Fernandez, have to say about it?
Incredibly, he argues that this was not a response to the polls:
Respecto del temblor que se espera en los mercados tras su triunfo, el postulante sostuvo: "Ahí es cuando se dan cuenta que han sido estafados. El Gobierno los condujo a este estado con el festival de bonos que ha emitido, con la crisis de la deuda".

"Los mercados están muy intranquilos por él [Macri]. Advierten que se ha metido en un escenario donde no puede dar respuesta", agregó.

All (or at least most) politicians are more than willing to spin, and on occasion will cross the line into being disingenuous or dishonest.
Again, the above quote is nothing of the sort.
It is a return to the house of mirrors where light means dark; down is up; and a severe market reaction to Macri’s opponent winning meaning that... the market hates Macri.
If these people win, fasten your seat belts.

I’ve already had several blind arguments with K voters who don’t seem to care at all about the USD sky rocketing as a result of last night by telling me they “couldn’t even afford it when it was at 18” and who don’t care about foreign investments, Wall Street, and the likes.

Let’s not forget that, exactly as you say, these are politicians that are quite clever with spinning colourful tales to their voters- Like when Cristina said there was less poverty in Argentina than in Germany... Many people to this day still believe that.

She said it. That’s all that they care about. Most of these people sadly forego international press and also believe Clarín and La Nación lie (as Cristina told them so).

Watching TN in youtube direct, reading the Chats... Many suggest Lazaro Baez Ministro de Economia, many post the image of an helicopter?? La Jefa Presidente..!! When FF is elected in October falls the 2nd. shoe....!
Don't Pray For Me Argentina...

Last edited:
LOL after seeing CFK and all that she’s currently being invested for run and successfully look as if she will win, a Lazaro Baez Ministry of Economy would simply be another splash of water but nothing major

By his own standards, Macri has failed miserably. Does anybody remember his promises in 2015, such as: "the inflation rate is an indicator of an administration's capacity to govern"? ... among others.
Full transparency: personally, I reject Macri's ideology and policies root and branch. But even right wing voters can concede: Macri is no statesman, not even mildly inspiring as a leader. A dull, mediocre rich boy, who got tired of money and wanted to be loved by the masses instead. So he bought a football team so he could say "we at Boca ..." although he was never nearly good enough a footballer to actually play for them. From there, he jumped into politics on the strength of name recognition.
I've heard it said that he was the first president since the 1920s to come from the heart of the golden circle, surrounded by his old boy pals from the elite Colegio Cardinal Newman and Universidad Católica Argentina. This appears to have been borne out by his deference to big business, to the detriment of his natural constituency: the SMEs, shopkeepers and traders, who he asphyxiated with his 400% - in real terms - energy price increases. Surely he could have forgone one item of the neoliberal manual and cut those people some slack, but no: energy at international prices, even if the company produces/obtains its energy below those prices. He decided to stay faithful to his mentors' educational mission, to teach people that ideology is not there to serve the people - it's the other way around.
Next time pro-business ideologues would do better to look into the middle classes for a candidate with an inspiring story of achievement and a track record of job and prosperity creation, who can say "give me the keys to the Casa Rosada and I'll do this for the country". Then even lefties like myself might grudgingly admire them for having a go.

By his own standards, Macri has failed miserably. Does anybody remember his promises in 2015, such as: "the inflation rate is an indicator of an administration's capacity to govern"? ... among others.
Full transparency: personally, I reject Macri's ideology and policies root and branch. But even right wing voters can concede: Macri is no statesman, not even mildly inspiring as a leader. A dull, mediocre rich boy, who got tired of money and wanted to be loved by the masses instead. So he bought a football team so he could say "we at Boca ..." although he was never nearly good enough a footballer to actually play for them. From there, he jumped into politics on the strength of name recognition.
I've heard it said that he was the first president since the 1920s to come from the heart of the golden circle, surrounded by his old boy pals from the elite Colegio Cardinal Newman and Universidad Católica Argentina. This appears to have been borne out by his deference to big business, to the detriment of his natural constituency: the SMEs, shopkeepers and traders, who he asphyxiated with his 400% - in real terms - energy price increases. Surely he could have forgone one item of the neoliberal manual and cut those people some slack, but no: energy at international prices, even if the company produces/obtains its energy below those prices. He decided to stay faithful to his mentors' educational mission, to teach people that ideology is not there to serve the people - it's the other way around.
Next time pro-business ideologues would do better to look into the middle classes for a candidate with an inspiring story of achievement and a track record of job and prosperity creation, who can say "give me the keys to the Casa Rosada and I'll do this for the country". Then even lefties like myself might grudgingly admire them for having a go.

Credit needs to be given to @camberiu, who foretold this exactly.
Who had no issue balancing the aforementioned two thoughts in the same head. Ahead of time.

The People on TN chats, inundates the screen with Helicopters...!

I used to think Macri was incapable of admitting defeat, but yesterday evening’s press conference had us see a Macri that in my opinion was like a dog with his tail between his legs, and whilst this may be because he never dreamed the results would be this crushing, yesterday may have been the first wake up call.

I don’t think ALL was gloom and doom under Macri and feel like he did TRY, albeit his efforts were futile because as I’ve mentioned before, Argentina is not a country where the majority of the population have the time to wait for improvements and want/need instant gratification (planes sociales) and not to have to penny pinch for paying bills with the tarifazos despite the CFK rates being unheard of and unrealistic.

Macri brought back to Argentina foreign investment and foreign brands that before never thought to look to Argentina because of the currency and import controls and hosted what was probably one of the most important G-20 summits which (at that time) brought a positive light to Argentina and had all of the hotels and restaurants enjoy fully booked reservation books which they hadn’t seen in a long time. Mind you all of the above did NOT affect the average Joe and this is part of the reason why Macri is lacklustre to all but the upper middle/upper classes (mostly).

What foreign investment are you taking about?
The G20 was a big loose of money, What are you talking about.
He failed in everything but capital flight.

I will eat my hat if the man admits to be wrong on anything; he opts without fail to change the goalposts or just change the subject. The depth of his inability to be wrong on anything can only be described as Trumpian.

He seems to have difficulty holding two thoughts in his head simultaneously:
1. that Macri’s stewardship of the economy fell woefully short;
2. that (1) does not imply that stewardship of the henhouse should be given to the fox.

===========

PS Turns out that - surprise! - we may have been right:

Because of course a market panic plunging the peso by 25% (!!) on news of the K crew’s likely return, could only have been orchestrated by Macri.
No reflection at all of sentiment on the street, no sir.
Don’t look; keep walking.

Ben, MM is the President of this country.
MM pinted lebacs and lelics with no limit that a lot worst than printing money because you have to pay interest for them plus you also created inflation.
MM doubled the inflation.
MM took loans for 150 billion usd.
MM solution to everything was to take more loans.

Back