who will be President

• Macri Wins

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Scioli wins

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Macri will win by 60 % or more of the Vote

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
This is a tricky one, since no matter what you vote, you stain your conciencia.. I would go for change in this case anyway, but luckily I don't have to, so my redemption won't suffer more than it already is...

I'd vote for Macri given the choice, and that's how I answered the poll - but I have doubts that the electoral process will be fair. I hope it is, mostly for Argentina's sake. Even if one supports Cristina, one should accept the results of someone else winning. I just don't know if she and the Camporistas are ready to let it happen and I'm afraid they will do anything they can to make sure Scioli wins.

It's not who YOU think will win, but who WILL win. ;) There is a slight difference.

Can we add Zulma Lobato to the list? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBIJYg1AkUU

I'd vote for Macri given the choice, and that's how I answered the poll - but I have doubts that the electoral process will be fair. I hope it is, mostly for Argentina's sake. Even if one supports Cristina, one should accept the results of someone else winning. I just don't know if she and the Camporistas are ready to let it happen and I'm afraid they will do anything they can to make sure Scioli wins.

My concern is the return to paper ballots for this ballotage. No explanation?

My concern is the return to paper ballots for this ballotage. No explanation?
My worry is indeed about election fraud.

My grandfather flew JFK a few times in his 1959 run for the presidency and was big in the Arkansas Democratic political machine. He had a lot of stories about the crap they pulled to get Democratic folk elected in the presidential and other, state elections back then. The voting technology isn't that far off here from what it was in my grandfather's time, and I can see the same sorts of things happening here.

As to why they aren't using the electronic ballots here - remember a couple of months or so ago that a programmer came out and told how easy it was to overcome the security on the voting? He was quickly hit up by AFIP soon after he went public as I recall. It may a good thing for now that they're not using that system and are using paper ballots. At least now people can see the physical ballots and watch the process better than they can when the electrical impulses are changed somewhere down the line with an electronic system that is too vulnerable.

In fact, I saw an ad the other day that someone (I think it was the same folk, including Macri and other presidential candidates, who were wanting changes to the electric system when the programmer came out with his take on things) has created an app you can load on your phone to take pictures and write reports about problems at balloting places.

Back