Macri To Use Public Hospital Services

duplicate post - would be nice to be able to delete these.

I think people want more than solidarity and a PR stunt.

That said, this is a huge improvement from the previous administration, which wouldn't even show up at the scene of a disaster. Once, anyone?

Nobody said this is all he's doing, right? People started saying it's a bad move in and of itself, which is insane.

And it'll surely be more than solidarity. Like I said, this is called eating your own dogfood. I'm sure that camberiu gets the exp<b></b>ression, being that he works in software, but for those that don't, it means that an organization should be using its own products, as users, wherever possible.

Example: Microsoft employees should be using Windows Phones, they should be trying to create something they themselves want and love to use. The things that annoy their customers should annoy them, then they might improve them. And if your own employees prefer en masse to use a competitor's products, you've got a problem. Or, say, when a graphics program's creators designed that program's user interface using the program itself, that's called eating your own dogfood. It inspires confidence that your app isn't a POS, and that you're committed to it being good enough for you to use, and to enjoy using. And that's what Macri is doing here. The facility may hopefully be run better when the President drops in every so often. And if it isn't, that might get his attention.

Really don't see anything to criticize here, unless you're a real crab.

And the flipside to this is the heart wrenching ad puke inducing nonsense that KFC used to spout about public services, including hospitals and trains, yet never once did she lead by example, which is what this is really all about.
In fact, only a few weeks before scuttled off to that hotel that's just gone up in flames, she was being adored at the Posadas Hospital extension that she had no intention of visiting again, ever.

Wouldn't it be nice to live in an Argentina where people didn't immediately jump to cynical conclusions about their politicians.
Very probably a forlorn hope.

We need new politicians for that, we behave like that because of experience.

I am with Bajo on this. Once one has been in South America long enough,and followed local politics long enough, you become very skeptical of those kinds of theater.
But that isn't really the central point. It's certainly not exclusive to South America that politicians' words are considered by all to be just a lengthier form of farting. They all, even the ones we admire most, like (insert your favorite pol's name here), engage in smarmy, theatrical insincerities. It goes with politics, not geography.

The discussion here is about what happens next? After the bloviating is done is there any, even token, follow-through? Because of that I'm willing to give the new kid the benefit of the doubt - unless and until he shows himself to be "like all of them." And it's not an all-or-nothing thing, either. A given pol can be more or less sincere than another, so it's a sliding scale between drama and commitment.

Back