Macri's Amnesia

Nice, a 3rd off shore account was found.
And they just said that he had nothing to hide.

By the way, I asserted some months ago that Laurita Alonso was appointed as the head of the anti corruption agency to guarantee imminuty, seems I was right, instead of making a criminal complaint, she was defending the President.
I remember you that during the last years she was making about 2 criminal complains per week and now what?

Ben,

I'll make this easier: I'll sort these out into discrete threads, so to make this more legible.
My original points are in bold black.
Bajo's responses are in red.
My responses are in dark blue.

a) recently defended journalists' 'right' to published unsourced shit;
A) journalist has the right to publish and the limit is the actual malice doctrine. However, for you is a shit any news against the dictator of happiness;
As you might know, there is censorship during this regime.
Actually, no, I don't know that. My family comes from the USSR, and I lived in countries where there actually is a military censor.

You are offensively hijacking a word which means something, to refer to a nothing. There are all sorts of situations beside 'censorship' where people don't want speak on the record, and the widest variety of reasons - from the noble to the less so. You are simply imagining that this may be the case here. As flawed a defense, in both logic and fact, as can be imagined.

The practices of journalism did not evolve in a utopia where there were no repercussions for annoying the powers that be. There have always been reasons, both good and bad, why sources want to be quoted without attribution. Journalism and its standards evolved precisely in an attempt to balance the need to protect sources with the need to have some accountability. Most respectable news outlets allow some anonymous sources, but seek to mitigate the negative effects of said anonymity in a variety of ways. Corroborating with other sources. Being as specific about the source as possible, for example, “a senior White House official who was at the meeting and heard what the president said,” rather than “an official”. At the very least, quoting "a source who asked not to be named".

Mr. Andrés Fidanza, writing for Perfil, doesn't bother with any of this, because it doesn't matter. None of the above matters.

The whole piece is a puff piece. Its links are to barely relevant or not relevant prior articles - what does the campaigns' social media activity have to do with an allegation of the government hiring paid propangadists?

And never mind sources, your hit-piece-of-an-article offers not one example of the alleged trolling. No sources would be burned by pointing that out (helllooooo?). It is fact-free innuendo masquerading as journalism. It is a piece of shit.

So kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth like "a shit any news against the dictator of happiness" because it's just not true. The issue in this piece go way beyond being against Macri. La Nacion and Clarin's treatment of Macri in the offshore issue is hardly obsequious - see point C. Nobody has a problem with that, because it's reporting rather than shit.

b ) then claimed that the journalist 'is a source';
B ) the journalist is in fact a source because the real sources are protected by the National Constitution. So, he has the dutie of protecting them. This is particulary true when there is a context of political persecution.
Protected in what context, from what? Is the journalist forbidden from publishing the source's name? He is always free, of course, not to run fact-free articles.

c) pretends to be ignorant of journalistic standards the world over;
C) standards? Right! Well, in this country journaliam has fallen so low that perhaps, the standard is lower. You need to read international press to know what it is going on with the Panama papers because here the press is too nice, money talks. Ask Niembro. How much was it? 25 million pesos?
Really? Funny that, because in the international press I don't think you'll find much about Macri - there are really bigger fish to fry. But as regards the nice press here, I suppose you neglected to read this, this, this, this, this, and/or this. These are all from the La Nacion and Clarin, the worst of the worst.
Really, you're a work of art.

d) somehow mixes in free speech, as if that is a prerogative of journalists and not anyone;
D) freedom of speach is a constitutional righ in this country for every human being. Your ignorancy seems to have no limits.
FYI the criminal code stabliahes that it is not a crime when you do political criticism because this is the abc of the republican system.
Confusing, isn't it? Let me try to help.
The Constitution (Art. 43) allows you to hide your sources. The Constitution, one would assume, makes no attempt to regulate common sense.
The point of journalism is to inform. When I don't know who the source is, then I am forced, in deciding whether or not I trust the information, to rely on your credibility. The Constitution does not obligate me to believe your baseless, sourceless, example-free assertions. And it doesn't preclude me from drawing conclusions - aloud - regarding a piece that refers to no sources and no examples - regarding alleged activity (social media) which is by definition public.

Think about that. You're writing about Team Macri's shady efforts to influence people online - without one single example of Team Macri's shady efforts to influence people online. And when called out on it, you go to censorship and Constitutional guarantees to secrecy. It boggles the mind.

Does the Constitution allow you to publish whatever you want, with no sources, no examples, and no coherence? Of course. That is not about Article 43, that is about free speech. You need not cite sources, bring examples, or do anything at all - write away. But then we're free to laugh at you. And call your article out for the shit that it is.

e) seems to believe that the right to free speech - to say stupid shit - involves a right not to be mocked over said stupid shit;
E) you believe that whatever you disagree is a stupid shit. No comments.
Some projection here. Reasonable people disagree with Macri, strongly, every day. These range from Carrio to Massa to much of the Fourth Estate. On the English side, Bianca Fernet, of the Bubble, and many others there who were pretty anti-K, come out very clearly whenever they sae something to criticize about the new government. That you fail to distinguish between that and the shit you link to, is your problem.

f) seems to think (see above points) that the label 'journalist' confers a stronger right to say cualquier cosa, rather than - on the contrary - greater responsibility for fact-checking, fairness, etc.
F) Well, there were to many journalist that asserted whatever in the last year. Yesterday I read on the website of Fernandez that the judged signed a certificate that stablished that he has nothing to do with the efedrina case. And he lost the election because of this montage made by Lanata.
"I know you are, but what am I?"
Again, the limit is actual malice, google it and leave ignorancy behind.
So after repeatedly asserting that you are not at court, you bring standards from... tort law.
The limit to sue for damages may be actual malice; the limit for mockery is throwing stupidity at the wall and seeing if anything sticks.

google it and leave ignorancy behind.
I try to leave ignorance behind, but then you write something new and I can't help myself.

As I said, I admit to being an enabler.

Any savvy family with wealth will set up shells with family members as principals to avoid estate taxes: Macri's Father. When the dust settles we shall see.

A 'Mujica' couldnt happen in Argentina?

Mujica is worthless playing with his flower garden while running a country, give me a break. Oh he is so nice.. Not really if you ask me. It may sound nice but hanging in out in barrio when you should be to running a country where the average citizen makes less that 1K a month is pathetic.

I'll make this easier: I'll sort these out into discrete threads, so to make this more legible.
My original points are in bold black.

Your wasting your time Bajos brain no longer works correctly he believes corruption is righteousness. I wont be surprised if they find his name in the panama lawyers/cronies list.

Ben, this thread is about the off shore accounts of the President. Are you trolling againg? Do you work trolling for the President?

Ben, this thread is about the off shore accounts of the President. Are you trolling againg? Do you work trolling for the President?

I mentioned your duplicity in a footnote. You dedicated to it a full response. Now when I answer, you suddenly remember to get back on topic? Stay classy.

Remember what they said "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?
It turns out there's a corollary: If you don't have anything to say, don't say any anything at all.

I will not stoop to calling you a paid troll. For one, if ever I need to hire trolls, I'd look for smoother, more convincing ones.

Ben, you do not decide if I post or not. Who the hell do you think you are?

You are free to add me to the ignore list, unless your work is to troll me.

Classy? Comming from someone who's best argument is the abuse of the word shit, well, funny.

Seems you are the one full time trying to protect the image of the President who is in the worst accusation regarding the Panama papers.

Reactions: ben
Going back to topic besides Ben's trolling:
According to the NYT, Macri is the President in a worst accusation regarding the Panama paper's scandal:

http://www.diarioregistrado.com/internacionales/the-new-york-times-apunto-contra-macri--su-caso-es-uno-de-los--mas-graves-_a570517df7631d5d160388dd3

Besides the allegations of the biased head of the anti-corruption office, who is not a lawyer, Laurita Alonso that this is legal, perhaps she forgot to read the local criminal law:

http://www.diarioregistrado.com/politica/-evasion-fiscal-agravada--es-el-delito-base-de-la-denuncia-que-preparan-contra-macri_a5704e4677631d5d160388ccf

Sure, Obama complained about the off shores because it is legal there, but not here where this is evasion agravada. This is what happends when you appoint a sociologist to dovthe job of a criminal lawyer:

http://m.pagina12.com.ar/diario/economia/2-296319-2016-04-06.html

It is better and better, seems that having off shore accounts is normal at the Macri family and the Pro menbers...

Well, sure, the Macri familly made his fortune with busisness regarding corruption.

Ups, the Supreme Court ordered to continue investigation Rodriguez Larreta for corruption:
http://www.diarioregistrado.com/politica/la-corte-ordeno-seguir-investigando-a-rodriguez-larreta-por-corrupcion_a5702d98e7631d5d160388810

In fact, his brother opened 5 only since he became President...

http://m.pagina12.com.ar/diario/elpais/1-296340-2016-04-06.html

I wonder why?

Ben, you do not decide if I post or not. Who the hell do you think you are?

You are free to add me to the ignore list, unless your work is to troll me.

Classy? Comming from someone who's best argument is the abuse of the word shit, well, funny.

Did I tell you not to post?

Post away. You certainly don't get to decide if I laugh at you or not.

The ignore list? Hmmm... good idea. Feel free to use it rather than lecture me about it. Sounds like you're telling me when to post.

Seems you are the one full time trying to protect the image of the President who is in a worst situation regarding the Panama papers.

Congrats. In a bid for the last word, you quoted me as saying the exact opposite of what I, in fact, said. I'll repeat. Reasonable people can disagree with Macri, strongly so, and many do. I quoted some above. And we read them. The problem is that you are unreasonable - that in your zeal, you are not above misquoting, distorting, etc and quoting/linking others who do the same. You are unreasonable. If calling you unreasonable makes one a troll, watch out - trolls are infesting the planet.

So far the hubbub over Macri's involvement, such that it is, seems to have died down. If another shoe drops, well let's see. But meanwhile, you're beating a dead horse.

======

EDIT: Thanks for reinforcing my point! Let's see what you've quoted here:

Going back to topic besides Ben's trolling:
According to the NYT, Macri is the President in a worst situation regarding the Panama paper's scandal:

http://www.diarioreg...631d5d160388dd3

Any link to the NYT article? Of course not: that would make clear that rather than Macri's photo being on the front page of the NYT, they photoshopped his photo onto a paper from April 19, 2012 :lol: Classy job BTW of putting the photo diagonally just so, so no dates appear.

And that the article referenced is from 2 days ago - when all that was known was that Macri's name had showed up, before anyone had had a chance to offer any explanations - explanations which, BTW, Daniel Scioli has backed. (Perhaps he is also a paid troll for Macri?...)

Is photoshopping and essentially misquoting the NYT protected by the Constitution? It is - free speech. But again, we get to mock the way in which you choose to exercise that right. I'm sure that there is a substantial segment of the Argentine population that interprets the Constitutional clause regarding secrecy of sources as carte blanche to mislead. Unfortunately, we're not all as stupid as you... would like us to be.

See bajo, this is why we call your stuff bad names. Because those names are accurate.

I'm afraid to open the other links you posted, or I'll get no work done today. See what I said before?, you told me to leave ignorance behind, but you're not letting me...

I'll try to refrain from posting further, but you'll make it easier for me if you stop posting boludeces... :lol:

Back