Mac's Airport - To Buy Or Not To Buy?

nativexpat

Registered
Hi! I am returning from the US and was wondering if I should get an AirPort?

Do you think that it will improve my current Arnet router's range/is it worth it?

One more thing. Every time I plug my MacBook battery charger to regular Argentine adapter, I get this "crackling" noise - which transformer/adapter do you guys use or recommend?

Gracias!!!

I know these are silly questions but I trust you more than some employees here :)

I've no idea, are airports good routers? it'll be cheaper in the US that's for sure.
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/pc-peripheral/10-best-wireless-router-2016-uk-3217482/
This site recons they're good

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2398080,00.asp
doesn't have them in the list.

Do you think that it will improve my current Arnet router's range/is it worth it?

More than likely your arnet router is the cheapest of the cheapest. At the very worst any additional router can be used to extend your wifi network. so yes it will improve your routers range.
One more thing. Every time I plug my MacBook battery charger to regular Argentine adapter, I get this "crackling" noise - which transformer/adapter do you guys use or recommend?
Gracias!!!

I know these are silly questions but I trust you more than some employees here :)

Don't MacBook accept 110/240 volts? Argy plugs all tend to crackle when plugging them in.

I have been using airports here for years. I like how easy they are to use, have never had any problems with it.
and when someone visits, all their iphones and ipads and laptops hook right up with zero issues.
and, of course, they cost less on amazon in the USA than a very crappy five year old design of chinese router does at fravega.

I have 4 airports installed and 1 more in the box waiting to be put in. They're good routers and I love using the expresses for airplay

Gracias!!!

The crackle probably comes from poor connections in the plug adapter. I just bought the Argie version MacBook cord and plug it straight into the wall, cost about 5 bucks on eBay.

Thanks so much guys! I just got back with my new AirPort...!

Rodolfo, Argie version MacBook cord? Great tip! Please feel free to share more details? ;)

Thanks again,

Mercedes

Thanks so much guys! I just got back with my new AirPort...!

Rodolfo, Argie version MacBook cord? Great tip! Please feel free to share more details? ;)

Thanks again,

Mercedes

IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_2269.JPG

Back