Made Me Laugh...

really? even in pancakes? I love dulce de leche, in all its forms. In ice cream, in a chocolate cake, come on!!
not every dulce de leche is the same, some are lighter, other more sweeter..
and fernet, I couldnt stand it my first time too, but after that I became addicted. When you get drunk with fernet its a really funny drunkeness!!

Re: dulce de leche: c'mon someone else confess that they've eaten it straight out of the jar.....:)

Reactions: jp
alfajores, churros, the famous chocotorta, medialunas with dulce de leche, the havanna cones of ddl, dulce de leche granizaddo in freddo anyone?
I m shocked, I didnt know dulce de leche had so many detractors!!

I don't mind a little dulce de letche. I DO mind it when it's put inside or on top of EVERYTHING! What's missing with Argentine desserts is a bit of imagination.

I like a littllle bit of DDL on my panqueques (Argentine ones) and on facturas, but no thanks on the cake and detest DDL ice cream. What really gets me is how every time I make a dessert I always get the comment, this is GREAT!.... but would be much better with dulce de leche!!!! :eek:

Mmmm.. adore Fernet. DDL - meh, in small doses it's okay but hate that it's in every dessert here. And I don't like alfajores. There, i said it.

And that tumblr is very funny!

This link is the first one I've forwarded on in ages! Totally made me laugh. Thanks for posting.

I couldn't stand dulce de leche when we were living full time in BA, but now that we are only in Argentina sometimes, I find that I miss it, and we even sneak it back on the plane. Just like real peanut butter in the old days...and groovy salad dressing...a suitcase full of American hippie crap that I couldn't live without. No one makes medialunas here, no one.

And I miss the subtitle under users' names that used to let you know when they joined baexpats. Why get rid of that?

And I miss the subtitle under users' names that used to let you know when they joined baexpats. Why get rid of that?
mmoon
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Member Since 09 Apr 2010[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Just run your mouse over the person's name and it will pop up.[/background]

Back