Main de Dieu

tangobob

Registered
Are we Brits now going to get some sympathy from the Irish (or visa versa)?
Will Thierry Henry now be demonised in Ireland like Maradona is in England?
Will the French be wearing t-shirts with Homer Simpson wearing French colours crying Main de Dieu?
:rolleyes:
Just asking.

I really hate Thierry Henry, and after yesterday more so. I am half Irish and i have always loved watching them put the wind up pretentious teams... If Robbie Keane had finished the game earlier maybe this wouldnt be such an issue.

Anyway, the Irish will pick themselves up, as they always have done. The English tend to remain bitter about injustice.

The real question is - what can be done in football to eliminate these problems... As ever, the debate will rage about replays for tough decisions (thought yesterday it was not really tough)

I never laughed at England losing to the hand of god, I despise cheating in any form, and whilst it is easy to blame referees for missing these cheats, I do not accept this as an excuse from anyone for cheating. It´s why I hate Drogba for his constant diving, Ronaldo for the way he cheated to get Rooney sent off a while back, then winked at the camera, and why Henry will forever be vilifiled for his behaviour last night.

Being Irish, I do not expect us to win the World Cup, being a small nation, with a limited talent pool, but I do expect a degree of fairness, and when we played our hearts out last night, and are so blatantly robbed of a chance of progressing, I get annoyed, very annoyed. If anyone tries to defend Henry´s antics, I will lose any respect I have for them. I have certainly lost any respect for him, and French football.

Mind you, Platini and Blatter have a lot to answer for in changing the rules to ensure the "big" teams qualify.... the draw for the play offs was fixed in the first place.

OK, temper subsiding now.......

It s official, I now hate all the Irish donkey pee guiness drinkers!!

You guys had a chance to help us finally get rid of the poorest, least talented, most obnoxious and arrogant national football team trainer we were doomed to get in our football history and you just betray us in the last few minutes. You gave us hope for 90 minutes, we were seeing the light after a loooong tunnel and ...

I m plain disgusted!:mad:

PS : Thierry Henry is as untouchable in France as Maradonna in Argentina, he was one of the 11 apostels that won the world championship in 98.

PS2 : I hated even more the Irish when they decided to block the European constitution treatee one year ago...that was really unfair, one single player deciding for the future of the 26 others and geopadirzing the chances of the whole team in the global economic championship.

It was a disgusting goal and FIFA should be ashamed. AND it doesn't help that the Ref's were BLIND!! Even the Swedes are blaming the Swedes!

fifilafiloche said:

You guys had a chance to help us finally get rid of the poorest, least talented, most obnoxious and arrogant national football team trainer we were doomed to get in our football history and you just betray us in the last few minutes. You gave us hope for 90 minutes, we were seeing the light after a loooong tunnel and ...

I m plain disgusted!:mad:

PS : Thierry Henry is as untouchable in France as Maradonna in Argentina, he was one of the 11 apostels that won the world championship in 98.

PS2 : I hated even more the Irish when they decided to block the European constitution treatee one year ago...that was really unfair, one single player deciding for the future of the 26 others and geopadirzing the chances of the whole team in the global economic championship.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8368100.stm

interesting idea, it would be great if it happened.

mr frenchy boy, thats the worst part about this incident. you lot think its great. and thats why everyone cringes at the dodgy slightly bent way you all speak..

fifilafiloche said:

God love the Irish, our governmant gave us no choice, only Paddy could save us and he came up trumps.:p

In case you didnt notice we voted again, and ratified the treaty, and its now been accepted.

Replay the game, for fairness sake....

I'm back in Ireland for a few weeks, and wow are people here sickened, I think the only consolation is that it looks like most of the footballing world has joined us in shock & anger.

I think the most astonishing part (which just fuels conspiracies) is that the UEFA & FIFA match reports didnt mention the handball - FIFA describing 'an angled pass' from Henry. I mean FFS lads..

There'll be no replay, we'll move on, and most people wont even remember how France qualified when the WC starts next summer.

I really dont think this will be talked about a la Maradona in years to come, unless its the trigger event for TV replays to be brought in. Arg v Eng is two world powers of football going had to head, Fra v Ire is a world power vs minnow.

There was also a slight trace of doubt (which makes the story more interesting and gives it longevity) with the maradona handball due to crappy TV pictures, dont get me wrong, never in a million years was that not a handball but the TV pictures were poor enough that some people could lie to themselves if they wanted to.

Back