Making Music In Buenos Aires

highland110

Registered
Hello!

I am planning on moving to Belgrano with a friend and am concerned about finding a place to practice music. He told me that playing instruments and singing in apartments is generally not allowed.

Is this true? Buenos Aires has a big music scence and I can't imagine that this be the case.

Thank you all for the feedback!

There are many buildings that rent out studio/rehearsal space for dancers, artists, musicians here in BA. These spaces are relatively inexpensive and widely used. Seems that would be your best bet.

Are we talking acoustic guitar, muted cello, or Les Paul and Marshall stack?

I'd say the more talent you have, the less likely are the neighbors to complain. :cool:

It's a Russian roulette, really. Some people are not bothered at all and others will constantly make a fuss over any noise at all. Best be safe and search for a place outside the apartment.

...then there's always the subway.
Plenty of people use it to "practice".

@lacoqueta Do you know how I could search for these places or if they have a special name?

@wineguy999 We're talking acoustic guitar, keyboard, and vocals.

If you're not using a mic, you might get away with it for a while.

Otherwise, if it's amplified then you should use a studio.

Theres no problem really... ive played everywhere, [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]apartments[/background], parks, rehearsal studios, schools.... if you're playing in someone's house just avoid doing it during the night of course, and early in the morning.

@lacoqueta Do you know how I could search for these places or if they have a special name?

@wineguy999 We're talking acoustic guitar, keyboard, and vocals.

Literally Rehearsal "Room" Sala de Ensayo + Belgrano or hood of your choice.

Back