Manning Sentenced To 35 Years In The Slammer Fair....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well written and delivered. Is this a movie out take?

Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men

“I read in the papers here a while back some teachers came across a survey that was sent out back in the thirties to a number of schools around the country. Had this questionnaire about what was the problems with teachin in the schools. And they come across these forms, they'd been filled out and sent in from around the country answerin these questions. And the biggest problems they could name was things like talkin in class and runnin in the hallways. Chewin gum. Copyin homework. Things of that nature. So they got one of them forms that was blank and printed up a bunch of em and sent em back out to the same schools. Forty years later. Well, here come the answers back. Rape, arson, murder. Drugs. Suicide. So think about that. Because a lot of the time when I say anything about how the world is goin to hell in a handbasket people will just sort of smile and tell me I'm gettin old. That it's one of the symptoms. But my feelin about that is that anybody that cant tell the difference between rapin and murderin people and chewin gum has got a whole lot bigger of a problem than what I've got. Forty years is not a long time neither. Maybe the next forty of it will bring some of em out from under the ether. If it aint too late.”

I LOVE Dublin2BuenosAires comment that 5 corporations would represent diversity in Argentina!!! Well said, even though I am giggling!

Frenchie, I found out that right on my computer are all kinds of documentaries that make you smarter instead of dumber and I love them. I watched one lately SO interesting about the Aztecs. Some of the latest archeological findings indicate that the Aztec dynasty was falling apart when Pizarro came. They were tired of the Aztec cartel ordering them around and killing them if they didn't do as they were told so they joined Pizarro and probably were responsible for the conquest of Peru rather than the Spaniards. They show you the skulls, which ones took musket balls and which ones had to be the stone weapons of the Aztecs.

I apologize that this appears a digression, but I'm glad I got the TV out when my kids were little. Neither of them watches it much at all today. They didn't get the brainwashing then by plan and they don't get it now by their own choice. Sorry to digress but getting away from the 5 corporations making a mint off of herding us around is not exactly out of line with this thread in my opinion.

EricLovesBA. You are touching my heart and bringing tears. I so agree with you. I also believe your story about the psychiatrist friend of yours and the hospital illustrates the character and the quality of our men. In my opinion, it doesn't put them down. They've been psyched to believe that they have to follow orders in order to do the right thing. After TJ, I had opportunity to talk with a retired officer who left the military after (as I recall) 28 years instead of going to the next upgrade in retirement. I told him about TJ and asked him for his opinion. He told me he left the military for exactly that reason (in explaining TJ to me). He said some of the men were medicating with alcohol, etc., and when he tried to talk to them and maybe help them, they told him they couldn't handle what goes in their heads. He said TJ's story is one he heard over and over and he decided he couldn't take 3 more years and he retired. He told me it was seeing what was happening to the men. God bless him. An officer who cared so much. This shows what kind of men we are sending off to bleed and die for these wars of the globalists and their corporations.

The trouble with American leaders,they are up to their bollocks in other countries business,even the UK,and it's getting worse.I am leaning towards Mr.Chavez and his opinion of the US as the great satan.Brad is more of a Marigold than a Chelsea!!
This begs the question....Who would do a better job. [and don't misunderstand, I really don't think the US is currently doing any job well, internal or external][sorry Chavez doesn't get a voice, he did absolutely nothing]

I didn't take personal offense to any comments that were anti- US Military. A lot of men who were better men than I am died so that other people could have the chance to voice an opinion - any opinion. I even support the right to burn the US flag in protest - though that cuts really deep for me since the better men (above) died for it. I support the right of gays and lesbians to serve openly in the US Military. I served with some very fine people who were gay both as a infantryman in the Marines and as a tactical pilot in the Navy.

I don't support military professionals leaking classified information. Manning leaked a lot more than just the video from the Apache attack. If a military professional has information that shows illegal activity then there are protected channels for that.

I think the USA is not the USA that existed in the 1900's - 1940's. In our fanaticism of trying to block the advance of communism we undermined legitimate governments, we supported dictatorships that like Pinochet, we did back-door deals like Iran-Contra, and we have blindly sided with Israel at the cost of most of the neighbors in that region even with incidents like the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty that killed 34 sailors, Marines, and a civilian.

(this thread has expanded a bit ... ) I do agree with most of what was said in the video about why the US is not the greatest nation anymore. We were - for all those reasons and more. And we are no longer - for all those reasons and more.

I don't support military professionals leaking classified information. Manning leaked a lot more than just the video from the Apache attack. If a military professional has information that shows illegal activity then there are protected channels for that.

After the Patriot Act and the National Defense Authorization Act, I don't think so. Thanks to those two pieces of legislation ANY whistle blower and ANY member of the "protected channel" might be arbitrarily labeled an "enemy combatant" and be held indefinitely and incommunicado without access to lawyers, appeals, or anything.
You whistle blow something that might embarrass the administration and they can make you and the person you blew to whistle to disappear in the in the middle of the night to never heard of again. And that is perfectly legal. You are right, the USA is not the USA that existed in the 1900s - 1940's, and one should not go through the "protected channels" to dennouce the crimes of the government, as those channels are no longer protected.

[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]
StevePalermo, on 23 August 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

Jesus, you really are a stupid prick aren't you.[/background]

No. But I can see quite clearly who is....

You're contradicting yourself here, you're obviously looking in the mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back