Manning Sentenced To 35 Years In The Slammer Fair....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking a monopoly of five companies would represent diversity here in Argentina!

US bashing is the second most popular sport in the world after football. They've provided some incredible technology and social advances and on the other and served up some fairly rotten episodes in world history. Sure, nobody is perfect, isn't Justin Bieber Canadian? Someone get the pitchforks out for them!

It isn't up to any of us to 'buy it' or not. Chelsea Manning has told the world that she is a women and has politely requested that people respect her name change and that she would like to referred to with female pronouns. I don't really see why the world would not respect her wishes given that gender identity issues are something many humans experience. It's not like she has just invented it. 'I don't buy it' was (and still is) used against homosexuals to delegitimise homosexuality or make it seem like it is unnatural or not real. When people tell me they're homosexual I wouldn't say "I don't buy it", so why would I say it to someone that tells me they're transgender?

She will be welcome among the inmates.... :wub: What a bitch....!

Same here, that's like 4 years I don't have TV. I just have a video projector with a monthly reloable card ("Antina") to watch specific events (Rugby, Soccer).

I give you Pink Floyd:
I got elastic bands keepin my shoes on.
Got those swollen hand blues.
Got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from.

Got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from.

These days with Direct TV including here in Arge we get three hundred channels of shit! :D
Jasper: What an age we live in...

hqdefault.jpg

The trouble with American leaders,they are up to their bollocks in other countries business,even the UK,and it's getting worse.I am leaning towards Mr.Chavez and his opinion of the US as the great satan.Brad is more of a Marigold than a Chelsea!!

My point was stated. If some event will lead people to take an attitude that is not to the benefit of the people who head those corporations that own the media, you won't hear it on the news.

Some of those people manufacture weapons and sell them both to the U.S. government and to our enemies so they can use them to kill our own men. I, for one, frown on that!

But my point is that they don't want you to be against war. They want you to cheer and say how proud you are that your son has gone to (wherever) to "protect our freedom." And it works. Most people can be herded if the media can be controlled. That's why our founders did their best to establish a free press. But the press is no longer free. But it was not taken over by government, but by corporations that, to a great extent, control the government through actually getting their people into strategic positions (Goldman-Sachs being a prime example) and through lobbying and donating to campaigns.

I really appreciate GS_Dirtboy and I know what he is saying and I have confidence in him and his character. But part of the military have a different story to tell. I come here to see what y'all are saying and to check like for special posts and I end up writing an essay, which I'm going to resist except to say that if you take a good-hearted farm boy out of Michigan and put him in a place where he shoots up a whole school bus load of kids because the driver inadvertently went through a check point, he does not get over it. And then send him back for 3 or 4 more similar tours and by then you've destroyed him. TJ (the young man in question is real) should have been back in Michigan on the farm instead of fighting resource wars! If some country attacks our country, that's another thing. What ever happened to "walk softly but carry a big stick" and "beware of foreign entanglements," mantras Americans held to up until as recent as my grandparents generation What happened to Americans? I'm sick of the lies we are fed! And all this is not to you, Dirtboy. Only the first part saying this stuff does happen. The heads of the men in the video should roll. But they won't. The military sticks together, right or wrong, as a rule. But no surprise. Look at the type of "work" that they do. I hadn't seen that video before. Thanks to the person that posted it.

Having said that, I respect most of the military men that I know. I used to write a LOT of resumes for men leaving the air force in my county and I didn't meet one that appeared other then men to be proud of. What I feel for them is not criticism but compassion. I believe they are honorable men who are led to believe that they are serving an honorable cause.

Well said Arlean. I too would like to state for the record that any anti-military, anti-imperialist sentiments I express on this board are not anti-Dirtboy, or against anyone serving with all the right intentions. I have also have a great sense that GS-Dirtboy is a grounded, ethical person, and I appreciate and respect his service. Even the dog-poop fly-by.

I notice a rising consensus among those grassroots groups who believe that the US is going off the deep end, that the men of good conscience in the military and police are key to our salvation. There may well come a day when they will have to rise up and say "No!" to orders which they know in their heart to be corrupt and contradictory to their conscience, and to their oath to the constitution. I believe many of them in fact have the backbone to do this - just hopefully it will be enough of them to turn the tide if current trends continue.

A psychologist friend of mine worked for some time in a veteran's hospital treating victims of post-traumatic stress and such. She said that her faith in humanity was braced by something she disovered: the guys she was treating were invariably bothered most not by what happened to them, but by the things they were forced to do to other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back