Maple Syrup? Where to buy?

bmagda

Registered
Hi Guys!!

I was wondering if there is ANY place in Buenos Aires that has maple syrup for sale? I am really okay with paying a hefty price, because my pancakes are just so untasty without it. Any suggestions/leads would be amazing and greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

I have posted this before, but I always used to find it at the Disco on Callao near the corner of Rivadavia, just a block from Congreso. This was about 2 years about, though since I have moved and don't live nearby anymore. I've seen it in a number of other Discos as well so I'd check there. They had real 100% pure maple syrup and the artificially flavored kind as well (Roddenberry's Northwoods brand, I think).

Try calling this number. 4803-8535. They have pure maple syrup from Canada sometimes. You are right. It is expensive. It was over 100 pesos the last time I called. The store is in Recoleta but I forget the street it's on.

There is a store on Pueyrredon and Pacheco de Melo on Pueyrredon, in front of the park that has real maple syrup.

Haha! Theres a reason they use dulce de leche on their pancakes! A can of Real Canadian maple syrup will cost you 130 pesos :0 .............. It can be found on Pueyrredon a block down from Las Heras, its a cheese store, I forget the name but if you walk by you will see it in the window!

Canadian<3;138401 said:
Haha! Theres a reason they use dulce de leche on their pancakes! A can of Real Canadian maple syrup will cost you 130 pesos :0

I think I paid about eighteen Canadian dollars for a 500ml glass bottle of maple syrup in Ottawa last year so 130 pesos doesn't sound too bad, if it's the good stuff. What's your opinion about glass bottle v tin can?

i bought some in the UK and still havent used it and have a 500 ml can from Quebec 100% pure if you are interested...I will probably have Canadian visitors by the time I use that can. If you have something interesting to exchange foodwise let me know as these 100 pesos wont make a diff in my life

If anyone is still interested, I have an unopened 8oz bottle of REAL Maple Syrup. Also have a 12oz bottle of Aunt Jemima. . .How much is is worth to you :p

I am leaving BsAs in about a week or so and realize there is no need to shlep it with me.

Who's hungry??

Let me know.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GMXam Expat Life 31
Gringoboy Food and Drink 1
Morin Food and Drink 8
Joe Food and Drink 3
Gringoboy Articles 12
Back