Maravilla Martinez Or Martin Murray ... Predictions ???

I read in the local papers that Martinez fractured his left hand in the second round. Maybe that explains why his performance was so lackluster.
He was showboating too much in the middle rounds & deserved to get knock down. I think the stock on the Englishman went up considerably.
I though the fight was much closer that the official scorecards. Martinez should retire now, quit while he's still champ & undefeated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2315999/Sergio-Martinez-beats-Martin-Murray-points-Buenos-Aires.html

Guess only nonpartisan boxing experts can determine why Martinez won!!! 115 to 112 Maravilla my ass...!!

I

Murray should definitely have won, shame on the judges & organizers. Martinez being a raving Kirchnerista & having Cristina Baez as a number one fan, it wouldn't surprise me if they put INDEC in charge of the point scoring. What a farce!

Maybe the AFIP pressured the Murray Reps??

The best part of the event "the National Anthem" sung by Santolalla, Oscar award winnner!!

Yeah sure, this guy certainly looks like the winner..., NOT.
Most Argentine commentators in La Nacion newspaper web page have called it what it is, an INDEC show.
One comment says "" De que se ríe .. el inglés lo dejó como propaganda de Curitas !!"" - TRANSLATION: "What's he smiling for?, the English guy turned him into a 'Band-aid product' advertisement".

yea he broke maravilla hand with his face.. sure! and 1 cut in the eyebrown in 36 min of fighting.. shame on you guys.

yea he broke maravilla hand with his face.. sure! and 1 cut in the eyebrown in 36 min of fighting.. shame on you guys.
I once broke a bloke's hand with my face. The difference being, he didn't come back for more.

Back