Marriage Question!

Are you sure you can't change the travel dates? Even when I've bought the cheapest tickets, you can usually get a date change even if it might be a tad expensive. And work? It's Argentina. ;) Claim your honeymoon time.

People in transit (same or different sex) can get married in the city of Buenos Aires within 5 days of requesting it at the Registro Civil.
http://www.buenosair...ros-en-transito

This sounds about right. The Irish chicas that I served as a witness for decided to get married and then got married the following week. It was a really sweet ceremony and then we went to the Duhau Palace of the Park Hyatt to toast to their love... and snap a few photos in their back garden.

Are you sure you can't change the travel dates? Even when I've bought the cheapest tickets, you can usually get a date change even if it might be a tad expensive. And work? It's Argentina. ;) Claim your honeymoon time.
ahahah yeah I should but this year I had tonsils removed and a week after that I broke my ankle so I was off work on sick leave since fabruary until late May... they wouldn't look too good at me if pn top of my holiday and sick leave I extend my days off!! i only worked what. . 3 months this year already! loool! bur good idea anyway! aha

welll! It seems I have no luck!!!
I need my argentine birth certificate with the translation, AND if I use my italian passport.. "[font="Calibri""]Italian citizens must also provide certificates of no impediment issued by the Italian Consulate in Edinburgh. If you were being as an Argentinian national you would need to provide a similar document issued by the Argentinian authorities."[/font]
[font="Calibri""]So basically... If I go in with Argentine passport... I can't get married.... because it isn't an EU passport.... if I go in with the Italian one.. I need to issue a paper from the country I don't reside saying I am able to marry... but!!! I have to give my place of birth certificate... so basically we sort of would be talking about two different people lol hahaha[/font]
[font="Calibri""]I don't think I can get the italian paper since I don't even reside there.... and I reside in Arg but if I go get married as such... they wont let me because I need even more papers....[/font]
[font="Calibri""]I guess I am not getting married after all lol[/font]

welll! It seems I have no luck!!!
I need my argentine birth certificate with the translation, AND if I use my italian passport.. "[font=Calibri"]Italian citizens must also provide certificates of no impediment issued by the Italian Consulate in Edinburgh. If you were being as an Argentinian national you would need to provide a similar document issued by the Argentinian authorities."[/font]
[font=Calibri"]So basically... If I go in with Argentine passport... I can't get married.... because it isn't an EU passport.... if I go in with the Italian one.. I need to issue a paper from the country I don't reside saying I am able to marry... but!!! I have to give my place of birth certificate... so basically we sort of would be talking about two different people lol hahaha[/font]
[font=Calibri"]I don't think I can get the italian paper since I don't even reside there.... and I reside in Arg but if I go get married as such... they wont let me because I need even more papers....[/font]
[font=Calibri"]I guess I am not getting married after all lol[/font]

Why don't you simply ask your consulate (Italian consulate in BA if you plan on marrying in BA) for the "nulla osta"?
From the answer you got, you would need the same document also if marrying as an Argentine national. I don't know how it is called here, it is simply a paper that states that you don't result as married in your country (even if you don't reside anymore in Italy, you are always an Italian citizen).

As for your birth certificate, check with your local office if they are able to issue a multilingual certificate that could allow you to skip to have it translated (for use in the UK).

Why don't you simply ask your consulate (Italian consulate in BA if you plan on marrying in BA) for the "nulla osta"?
From the answer you got, you would need the same document also if marrying as an Argentine national. I don't know how it is called here, it is simply a paper that states that you don't result as married in your country (even if you don't reside anymore in Italy, you are always an Italian citizen).

As for your birth certificate, check with your local office if they are able to issue a multilingual certificate that could allow you to skip to have it translated (for use in the UK).
Well I already called the Cancilleria today and Argentina DOES NOT have any paper what soever stating someones marital status, they told me that MAYBE the RENAPER would be able to issue an unofficial paper stating that from my DNI records they have that I am single, but that they don't have a formal certificate in this country the "certificado de solteria" the city of Buenos Aires doesn't hand that out.
as for the birth certificate... I think they're getting things mixed up.. I am going to enter the UK as Italian, and hand in my italian passport for the wedding, since is the one that lets me marry within the UK freely... I've never lived in Italy... I only have the citizenship, so am I supposed to ask for a paper that declares that I am single, from a place I never set foot in?

Back