massive power failure

sts7049

Registered
looks like around 7am today there was a massive power failure. this could be a long sunday....

looks like around 7am today there was a massive power failure. this could be a long sunday....

I was online at 7:07am. Electricity was restored in my area, Parque Rivadavia/Caballito, at 12:00 noon.
Lopetegui, Minister of Energy, will give a news conference at 3:00pm.

mine came back on in puerto madero around 945am, then went off again for about 20 minutes, then came back and has stayed on since.

5:36 AM - 16 Jun 2019
[IMPORTANT] The potable water distribution system of @AySA_Oficial
is without power due to the general failure in the interconnection system.
We request that users make a rational use of water. #SinLuz #CorteDeLuz

This is a reminder that that world needs to change from reliance on fossil fuels to wind and solar power. We take for granted that when we flip a switch we will have power at home to watch a big screen television without giving our consumption levels a thought. We can pay for all we use, so why not use it. That's the problem.

I slept late today so I wasn't aware of the power outage until I flipped a switch. I checked the emergency lights in our building which were on. That confirmed there was a power outage in the block or neighborhood. I flipped a light switch so I'd know exactly when power was restored -- 12:40 pm.

I decided to use water sparingly since the pump in the basement wouldn't be working until power was restored.

Writing from a few blocks from Alto Palermo. Lights came back on at 1:10 pm.
Cell service (Movistar) was just about blown out from about 9:15 am until lights came back on.

Welcome to Argentina.

One part of me says “Truly so”.
OTOH - in fairness, it’s the kind of freak thing which happens once in a blue moon.
I remember the 2003 Northeast blackout, which took down most of New York state, NJ, Ontario, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
That ended up being a failure in Ohio which then cascaded through the grid: it took out the entire region in under an hour.
It took the better part of two days to come back on, and deactivated several major airports; here, it was over in a matter of hours and EZE/AEP maintained normal service throughout.

I thought it was only in my neighborhood In Constitucion where I live. So in the morning I walked over to the train station l figured they would have power. But no power there either. So I bought the paper and walked home. The power came back around 2 pm. But now it’s 2:30 and it went out again. Just in case I got my kerosene lamps ready. Now the power is back again.

For once we were the lucky ones. Villa la Angostura is not on the national grid.

All the same, we have emergency lights in the house that are connected to a car battery. Once we had a two days power it because the truck with the fuel for the generator was stuck in a roadblock.

I thought it was only in my neighborhood In Constitucion where I live. So in the morning I walked over to the train station l figured they would have power. But no power there either. So I bought the paper and walked home. The power came back around 2 pm. But now it’s 2:30 and it went out again. Just in case I got my kerosene lamps ready. Now the power is back again.
hope the power comes back and stays in your neighborhood!! Stay safe!

Back