Maternity Costs

lbeatty

Registered
Hi,

I was hoping to have a second child before we moved to Argentina, but unfortunately I had a miscarriage. Now trying to decide whether to try and get pregnant before we move (most likely in July - so would be approx. 5 months pregnant or less) or to wait until we get there. Would appreciate your thoughts on the following:
  1. International health insures have a standstill period, where they will not pay for pregnancy related medical treatment (the one I spoke to said it would be 10 months). Plus, you have to go for the very expensive package if you want the pregnancy covered. Is this the same for the likes of SWISS Medical? I am not keen on having to wait for at least another year, as I am already 34.
  2. If I didn't have insurance, what would it cost? Appreciate there is significant inflation etc, but keen to get a sense on whether we are talking 25,000 ARS or 125,000 ARS!

Thanks.

Hi,

I was hoping to have a second child before we moved to Argentina, but unfortunately I had a miscarriage. Now trying to decide whether to try and get pregnant before we move (most likely in July - so would be approx. 5 months pregnant or less) or to wait until we get there. Would appreciate your thoughts on the following:
  1. International health insures have a standstill period, where they will not pay for pregnancy related medical treatment (the one I spoke to said it would be 10 months). Plus, you have to go for the very expensive package if you want the pregnancy covered. Is this the same for the likes of SWISS Medical? I am not keen on having to wait for at least another year, as I am already 34.
  2. If I didn't have insurance, what would it cost? Appreciate there is significant inflation etc, but keen to get a sense on whether we are talking 25,000 ARS or 125,000 ARS!
Thanks.

You can easily get a decent insurance even if you are pregnant. Almost every insurance company offers it.

Facilities are top notch here especially after a good insurance.

Costs - depends on a few factors but not killing.

--

Yes, have a anchor baby and apply for citizenship for the child and then permanent residency for yourselves and so on and so forth.

Swiss Medical, and all other private health insurances, have different plans. You should check out their websites, and try to contact a "promotora" by mail or over the phone to make sure. And if they come up with the 10-month excuse, see if you can try to sign up now. There are others, such as Medicus, Omint and Galeno all with an assortment of plans. You may also want to pick one with maternity services close to where you are planning to live.

Back