Mauricio Macri ... Next President Of Argentina

No I did say she is not qualified (neither do I feel that way). I do not know enough about her to judge her qualification one way or the other. Just that the she had the executive position at Telecom Argentina worries me. In my opinion Telecom (much like the other large telcos here) was and in fact still is such a badly run company...

a company isn't a country as someone recently said.

:lol:

a company isn't a country as someone recently said.

:lol:

But,... "What's good for General Motors is Good for America".

In 1953, President Eisenhower nominated GM’s CEO Charles “Engine Charlie” Wilson to be Secretary of Defense. During the hearings, when asked if as secretary of defense he could make a decision adverse to the interests of General Motors, Wilson answered affirmatively but added that he could not conceive of such a situation “because for years I thought what was good for the country was good for General Motors and vice versa.”

No I did say she is not qualified (neither do I feel that way). I do not know enough about her to judge her qualification one way or the other. Just that the she had the executive position at Telecom Argentina worries me. In my opinion Telecom (much like the other large telcos here) was and in fact still is such a badly run company...

r2d2 So your objection is not for her specific participation inTelecom .... but for any executive associated to any Telco in Argentina. :rolleyes:

But,... "What's good for General Motors is Good for America".

In 1953, President Eisenhower nominated GM’s CEO Charles “Engine Charlie” Wilson to be Secretary of Defense. During the hearings, when asked if as secretary of defense he could make a decision adverse to the interests of General Motors, Wilson answered affirmatively but added that he could not conceive of such a situation “because for years I thought what was good for the country was good for General Motors and vice versa.”

Can't tell you how happy I am to see this quoted correctly. Since 1953 pretty much all the media have gotten it wrong - most, I'd guess, on purpose. As you've correctly pointed out, he did not say "What's good for General Motors is good for the country," but for the rest of his life that was the accusation he had to live with.

https://en.wikipedia...es_Erwin_Wilson

Edit: Apologies for carrying this off-topic, but this has been a hot button issue for me since, let's see ... 1953.

Macri named Isela Constantini as head of Aerolineas .... Displacing the Comporista Recalde (Son of Diputado Recalde)
Contantini was CEO of GM for Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. No nepotism.... Bravo

http://www.reportur.com/argentina/2015/11/27/marci-anadiria-a-constantini-un-gestor-para-aerolineas-argentinas/

Isela Contantini is still thinking over that offer to leave General Motors for Aerolineas.I wonder how much $$ they are thinking about as her salary.Miguel Galuccio is reportedly making U$D 2m. at YPF.
. In my view,,It slould be quite high given her expertise and l the huge hassle she will have with all of those money grabbing unions at A.Argentinas -su compañia.
What wiill happen to big mouth ex-stewardess Alicia Castro now ambassador to Great Britain? Will it be back home to the Kavanaugh or another ambassador post? Move fast Hector "Tweeterman".you only have 10 days left in your spoils system.

Constantini is being positioned for the ultimate privatisation of Aerolineas, surely.

Constantini is being positioned for the ultimate privatisation of Aerolineas, surely.

With the current set up , it would be difficult to privatise.

Even though it has increased the number of passengers , it is still losing a load of money.

Staff levels are higher than any comparable airline and the guys on the top salaries , mainly from the Kampora , dont have a clue about aviation.

I also hear that most of the guys who did know about how to run an airline have left in the past few months.

Isela Contantini is still thinking over that offer to leave General Motors for Aerolineas.I wonder how much $$ they are thinking about as her salary.Miguel Galuccio is reportedly making U$D 2m. at YPF.
. In my view,,It slould be quite high given her expertise and l the huge hassle she will have with all of those money grabbing unions at A.Argentinas -su compañia.
What wiill happen to big mouth ex-stewardess Alicia Castro now ambassador to Great Britain? Will it be back home to the Kavanaugh or another ambassador post? Move fast Hector "Tweeterman".you only have 10 days left in your spoils system.

Hopefully she 'll be gone.I did read Cristina recently appointed 4/5 other ambassadors recently too.

Back