Maximo For Presidente...candidate?

Ok in the last 24 hours everyone has come out of the woodwork saying he would be a great candidate. Based on what? La campora? His world of Warcraft scores? His waistline?

Is not What you know is Who.....! if you are the son OF .. like Moyano's son now diputado , Recalde's son as CEO of Aerolineas. Del Sel a comedian as candidate for Governor of Santa Fe a Pro candidate. Nepotism ??
I only claim he may be elected, Merits , qualifications doesn't apply if you are the son of 2 presidents...!!

Campora al gobierno, Peron al poder.

As far as I gave up about that "the thinker" would do a simple google search to understand how significant is the name choisen for la Campora by Kirshner so long ago. On monday i m back in Argentina, there i hace a book wrotten by him about Campora and i can quote some paragraphs.

Any peronist understands that if a K candidate wins, he can quit and Cristina F can be elected again. This is relevant to understand local politics.

Is not What you know is Who.....! if you are the son OF .. like Moyano's son now diputado , Recalde's son as CEO of Aerolineas. Del Sel a comedian as candidate for Governor of Santa Fe a Pro candidate. Nepotism ??
I only claim he may be elected, Merits , qualifications doesn't apply if you are the son of 2 presidents...!!

You mean like Bush father, junior and the other relative that might be candidate in next elections?

bajo has a really good point here :)

Interestingly, whenever a family dynasty has several presidencies, they typically suck at their job. Might be an issue of small sample size, might have an actual reason...

You mean like Bush father, junior and the other relative that might be candidate in next elections?

Bajo open another thread ,,,,Nepotism in the USA and include also the Clintons....or stick to the original Maximo issue. the

I Vos as a diversion tactic. :D

Bajo open another thread ,,,,Nepotism in the USA and include also the Clintons....or stick to the original Maximo issue. the

I Vos as a diversion tactic. :D

It is not a local issue, that's the way to have power is.

However, my theory is that if Maximo gets Presidency, is to quit and to call for new elections where she can be a candidate (like President Campora did to allow Peron.

Any peronist understands that if a K candidate wins, he can quit and Cristina F can be elected again. This is relevant to understand local politics.

Correct ... and Scioli's trending stronger (though Cristina has not formally backed him). Almost everyone I have talked with in the past 12 months who is not a K has been saying that we need to just wait until CFK is gone in October and then things will get "much better" (elimination of Dollar restrictions, open markets, business friendly policies). This simplistic expectation astounds me.

Correct ... and Scioli's trending stronger (though Cristina has not formally backed him). Almost everyone I have talked with in the past 12 months who is not a K has been saying that we need to just wait until CFK is gone in October and then things will get "much better" (elimination of Dollar restrictions, open markets, business friendly policies). This simplistic expectation astounds me.

Peronistas has always internal election Paso alike. No matter who is backed up, the one who wins the election is the candidate.

Bajo - But things don't always work out like that. Cristina was supposed to be a placeholder for Nestor. And look at her now.

Bradly: I think Bajo is saying that not only is it constitutional but there is historical precedent.

Back