Meatless, vegan hamburgers have arrived at a fast food chain in Buenos Aires

MilHojas

Registered

Should we expect a meatless parrillada next?

Where is my Impossible Burger and Beyond Meat burger
Local versions are quite widely available here now. Not quite as good of taste as an "impossible burger" or "beyond meat" products in the US and elsewhere, but the "not burger" (by not-co) and similar is available at places like Williamsburg, Kevin Bacon and vegan restaurants in Palermo like Vegan Fox, which IMO has the best one. There are also vegan crispy "chicken" burgers too available.

Should we expect a meatless parrillada next?
Yes, you can already buy the "meat" trays from some vegan shops ready for the grill with all of an ex-carnivores favorite "cuts" and "choris".

Sounds great. Fast foods are typically in more locations so nice to have something like that if there are no issues. Is the cheese and bread vegan too? As you might know I’m vegan and have been vegetarian/vegan since 2005. Many products of all kind are now vegan and they’re very good tasting. It’s amazing what they can accomplish. Some meat substitutes are so real tasting that I don’t like them for that reason. Some of them are able to very closely copy the taste and feel of meat, that fatty, rawness of it, not sure how else to term it. I prefer the more fake tasting meats. Main issue that I’m concerned with is the protein amount. Lots of time they don’t have enough protein for my liking in the fake meats.

Within the next few years in Argentina more and more asados will be of the meatless variety.

Sounds great. Fast foods are typically in more locations so nice to have something like that if there are no issues. Is the cheese and bread vegan too? As you might know I’m vegan and have been vegetarian/vegan since 2005. Many products of all kind are now vegan and they’re very good tasting. It’s amazing what they can accomplish. Some meat substitutes are so real tasting that I don’t like them for that reason. Some of them are able to very closely copy the taste and feel of meat, that fatty, rawness of it, not sure how else to term it. I prefer the more fake tasting meats. Main issue that I’m concerned with is the protein amount. Lots of time they don’t have enough protein for my liking in the fake meats.
Yes, in fact at the places I named they are apparently cooked on separate grills and use vegetable oil for the fries etc also.
There is no shortage of vegan products in the city so you should find something to your personal taste, just don't expect the exact same products or flavours as you may be used to. However outside the city it becomes challenging to find truly vegan products or options. In the city there are also some very good vegan restaurants or restaurants with ample vegan offerings including a few fine dining experiences.
Here is one such example:

Back