Medical Help Porfavor?

mybeautifulair

Registered
Hello,

I've been in BA 10 months and have been suffering some miserable gastro-intestinal problems my entire stay. I've been to the hospital twice, but I've been offered no real solutions.
Can anyone recommend a gastroenterologist in Buenos Aires? I don't care about the price - I just want to be healthy again, and I don't know where to look to find one.
Help please!!!

many MANY thanks.

My sympathies. I can't recommend a doctor for you but I'll just say that when I walked into a public hospital in Esquel with something that sounds very similar to what you are describing, the doctor there instructed me to change my diet temporarily and prescribed some medication to be used if the diet didn't work. I think I was expecting a more hi-tec solution but guess what? I did as I was told and it worked - I still have the box of tablets, unopened, in the bathroom and went back to eating normally within a week.

Would it be insensitive if I asked what your doctors advised and what was your response?

I can't recommend a specific doctor, but you can check out the Hospital Aleman's Cartilla Médica for a full list of gastroenterologists.

Good luck finding a doctor. I found that private practitioners were very affordable when I had a similar problem about 1 year or so ago. Of course I am comparing with the state of health care in the U.S. which for me was and is always very expensive. Not sure if you have some Argentine friends you could ask for the name of a doctor.

I found out that my problems were caused by the flavored water drinks I was drinking there. Also if you aren't used to eating a lot of meat and cheese you could be having trouble adjusting to that.

Back