Medical insurance question

Caribbean Cool

Registered
Before the xxxx hit the fan regarding medical insurance premiums here in Arg I mentioned that I had bought a catastrophic insurance plan in the U.S. that provides money if I get cancer or have a heart problem. I am 78 and getting any insurance outside of Medicare is impossible. So now I pay $320 per month. I would receive $70,000 if I had cancer and $35,000 for a heart problem. I could use the money any way I choose. And anywhere. Does anyone have a better idea? ( I choose the amount of coverage)

Before the xxxx hit the fan regarding medical insurance premiums here in Arg I mentioned that I had bought a catastrophic insurance plan in the U.S. that provides money if I get cancer or have a heart problem. I am 78 and getting any insurance outside of Medicare is impossible. So now I pay $320 per month. I would receive $70,000 if I had cancer and $35,000 for a heart problem. I could use the money any way I choose. And anywhere. Does anyone have a better idea? ( I choose the amount of coverage)
Will no company insure you in Argentina?

Not that I know of....but I do not have a DNI and that is part of the equation. Perhaps a hospital would insure me but premiums will now probably be upwards of ????. There was a policy advertised before the devaluation for about $500...that would now cost $800 or more...but I checked and it is not offered anymore. My thought...good luck over 65 years old.

Not that I know of....but I do not have a DNI and that is part of the equation. Perhaps a hospital would insure me but premiums will now probably be upwards of ????. There was a policy advertised before the devaluation for about $500...that would now cost $800 or more...but I checked and it is not offered anymore. My thought...good luck over 65 years old.
Why don't you have a DNI?

My father-in-law had a triple heart bypass in hospital Carrillo.
There may have been dogs wandering in and out of the wards, no a/c, and you had to pay for all your own bandages, family donate the blood and you share a ward with 8 or more souls..

The surgeons who operated on him were first rate and he’s been fit and healthy for the last 5 or 6 years.

Get a DNI pocket the 35k and take your chances…

"Does anyone have a better idea?"

Start dancing the tango. It's great exercise, and you will enjoy holding elegantly dressed senior women in your arms and moving together to beautiful music. Tango is why I moved to BA exactly 25 years ago today.

Change your thoughts about what might happen and get on with living a great life in this beautiful city.

Back