Medicare coverage outside the U.S.

The AssistCard seems a bit sketchy. Their travel insurance is included on our Obra Social plans, but with maximum limits of $15k on one plan and $25k on the other. We were told that to be valid for travel to Europe, you need a 30K minimum limit. If we wanted to pay extra, we would be covered. They have lots of giant billboards at EZE, but when we approached their customer service counter on our recent trip to Europe, we were told that they didn't know if we were covered or not. After insisting on speaking to someone who did know, we were told that when we arrive, if they don't ask for medical insurance at immigration, then we are covered. If they do ask, we are not covered. Here's a link to some customer reviews: https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/miami/profile/travel-insurance/assist-card-0633-92006973/customer-reviews
Good link. Thanks. Interesting reviews. I bought 12-months coverage when leaving from Aeroparque in December, obtaining a discount for being a member of Medicus and choosing the level of coverage and premium I could live with/risk. It sure would be good to know if it actually works when needed.

I used Cigna for my wife and myself until about 4 years ago, and I stopped the insurance c Tanoh
We're using OSDE here, and while the costs are climbing each month (in Pesos at least), they do actually provide cover. Also apparently in bordering countries, though we haven't tried that. And we use some travel insurance like AssistCard or WorldNomads when we're going to be outside Argentina. I wouldn't recommend Cigna.
Thank you for the info on Cigna....my age limits me

I used Cigna for my wife and myself until about 4 years ago, and I stopped the insurance cover because they kept increasing the monthly premiums (I don't remember how much it was, but it was sufficient to cause me to discontinue the policy). We had never made a claim, so I didn't see the justification. My son was previously insured with Cigna, and he had so much trouble getting them to accept a claim that he eventually gave up. That's the worst fear about an insurance company, they just take the money and when you need them, they're not there anymore.

We're using OSDE here, and while the costs are climbing each month (in Pesos at least), they do actually provide cover. Also apparently in bordering countries, though we haven't tried that. And we use some travel insurance like AssistCard or WorldNomads when we're going to be outside Argentina. I wouldn't recommend Cigna.
What is OSDE charging you? Is the rate for 65+ people?

I'm not that far gone yet :cool: (apologies to @Caribbean Cool), for OSDE plan 210 my wife and I will pay 118k Pesos this month.
How is the 210 plan pretty good? I think I had the 410 or 510 plan when I lived there and it was amazing. That 210 plan is really affordable. Frank, for educational purposes, can I ask your age range?

I'm in my 50s, my wife is a bit younger. I won't share too much detail here, of course, I've been found by some wannabe doxers here already. And yes, that's the price for both of us, no employer discounts or anything like that.

Back