Medicus Or Swiss Medical??

Speaking of Medicus - anyone know what the sign up fee is for the expat plan? Was looking at their rates and they're so much cheaper than OSDE (assuming website is correct) that I am considering them again.
I signed up last December, and I think (not in BsAs right now) that the sign up fee was 800 p for the expat plan, I got the most expensive for just me (64).
Nancy

I think the sign up fee is the 90 pesos one pays to join, which covers the admin expenses of the group.

In the end I went for Swiss Medical, so now I have a medical plan. Slowly getting more settled in the city!

I'm going to spend the summer down south - San Martin de los Andes or Bariloche - what would be a plan (that works down south) that is inexpensive - I'm uninsured and don't ever get sick - so far - knock on wood...

Anyone know where I need to go to sign up for Swiss Medical? They speak english right? I live in Palermo Viejo.

I still recommend Medicus. There is a group plan that is VERY reasonable. Write me if you want the contact person. We also live in Palermo Viejo. I just used Medicus on follow up for recent foot surgery ( in Seattle) and am extremely happy with my doc here.
Nancy

I'm coming to the conversation pretty late but here goes. I originally signed up with Swiss Medical on a cheapish monthly plan (500 pe') late 2012 and at first found the quality lacking because only the Swiss Medical clinics were part of the plan and I had really lousy service the few times I had to go (as soon as you sit down they're in a rush to push you out the door with a prescription but no further advice). When I could finally be included in my boyfriend's 'family group' after getting a certificado de convivencia from the CGPC, I moved up to a better plan still with Swiss/Docthos and started using more services.

What I learned from this experience is that you have to shop around, ask friends for recommendations and keep going until you find good medical professionals you feel comfortable with. In the last year before leaving Argentina, once I got the hang of the system, I used the health plan more than ever, getting my teeth cleaned, my foot operated on, orthopaedic insoles, reading glasses, you name it.

@Big Al, I don't think they generally speak English at SM, but there may be one or two customer service reps who could comfortably assist you in English. You could always go to the branch nearest you (Santa Fé 3700?) and ask. You could start with "Me gustaría afiliarme a una prepaga (prepaid insurance), hay alguien acá que habla inglés? That way they can point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Back