Meeting Women (to date)

dennisr said:
I first visited Buenos Aires about four years ago. Since the first visit, have racked up about 238000 frequent flier miles to Buenos Aires. I ain't going through all that airline BS just to sample the pasta in BA. You figure it out.:)

We all know that the true purpose of your visit is the famous Argentinean pizza so much debated here :p

Roxana said:
Other options to date young and not empty head women could be sneaking in at the Malba events, Centro Cultural Recoleta openings or Cine Gaumont. Try specific social networks like match.com or tagged.com, where on your profile you post your requirements and you look at her (updated) picture, and go through her profile before saying hi. And you chat on line (interview if you wish) before going out, so you dont lost a lot of time on a date with a boring woman.

As a not "empty head" young and single Argentine woman..I agree with Roxana, Malba is a great option, I loooove Malba!!
I would also suggest you try getting into Couchsurfing.org (not a dating site, but you can meet great people at the different weekly meetings)..

You can also find "us" in different classes..try maybe salsa or Rock lessons, language classes or different cultural activities. there are plenty of free activities created by el Gobierno de Buenos Aires on monthly basis..

I´m not a big fan of dating sites..not my cup of tea..but I guess it´s another tool to explore..

There are also Quiz nights in La Cigale and other places..

I´ve been to Spanglish a few times but I found the "speed dating" format a little boring after a few times..

Maybe a stroll around PAlermo? Palermo Lakes??

I´m running out of ideas..
And please..not EVERY Argentine girl is histérica or possesive or crazy...
Not every english guy is charming, altough I reckon I love their accent..

And so on...

People are people :)

Good luck with your quest!!

Xx

va2ba said:
Its funny but I've noticed that what gets the most attention from the women here is just ignoring them. They are so used to Argentines shouting cheap pick up lines at them wherever they go that they can't stand it when they see a guy they are interested in who shows no interest for them.

Agreed, but for ignoring them to work they have to be interested already. Agression to start, and indifference to make them squirm. Flirting with other women around them is also effective if you've got the guts.

To seduce women, every man should read once this novel among my favorites -although going so much in-depth in the psyche leaves little room to spontaneity- :
"Belle du Seigneur" (also titled that way in the English translation) by Albert Cohen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Cohen

A true masterpiece, recommended to women too (ever wondered if a man could seize how a woman's mind works ?)

The novel is a masterpiece.

And about women, when I was a teenager and still played at the sidewalk with my friends and neighbours, we learnt the theory of the barrilete (kite), which means pull down and let it go, step by step.

A good friend of my best friend in France is an helicopter pilot, he developped his own strategy (well... I think it's aweful) :
If he goes to a disco, he's gonna go straight up to maybe 10 different women, being very direct. 8 to 9 times out of 10, they are going to evict him (sometimes badly) but he strictly doesn't care... And 1 to 2 times out of 10, that works.

I told you, that's aweful.

dennisr said:
An understatement: dead meat. :eek: Do not, repeat, do not let your eyes wander. The wrath of God will be upon you.

That's why you HAVE to wear the pants. I've had a local girlfriend for a while now, and she is a stereotypical Argentine woman in this regard. I have found that the more I fail to be flapped by the jealous tantrums, the louder she purrs afterwards. Perhaps subconsciously they do it to test our courage/leadership, sort of like when they initially say no 5 or 6 times before capitulating.

What is the relationship between being an helicopter pilot and that specific strategy??

French jurist said:
A good friend of my best friend in France is an helicopter pilot, he developped his own strategy (well... I think it's aweful) :
If he goes to a disco, he's gonna go straight up to maybe 10 different women, being very direct. 8 to 9 times out of 10, they are going to evict him (sometimes badly) but he strictly doesn't care... And 1 to 2 times out of 10, that works.

I told you, that's aweful.

I must beg to differ, it's highly effective, and much more fun :). Not caring is like crack to the fairer sex, and even if you strike out, so what? On to the next!

CedarPawn said:
That's why you HAVE to wear the pants. I've had a local girlfriend for a while now, and she is a stereotypical Argentine woman in this regard. I have found that the more I fail to be flapped by the jealous tantrums, the louder she purrs afterwards. Perhaps subconsciously they do it to test our courage/leadership, sort of like when they initially say no 5 or 6 times before capitulating.

Do not worry, I always get the last word: "Yes Dear"

Back