Men Who've Made A Home Here For Love ♡

Now I'm sampling life in Spain, which for all of its current problems with unemployment, depression, corruption scandals etc., feels more to my liking, more "civilized", (and BTW, surprisingly inexpensive). At least for now. So this thread is supposed to be about men who made a home in BA for love. I had a wonderful 4 years in BA, but sorry...on that score I failed.

A lot of this makes perfect sense.
I was actually thinking of spain too!

I know that feeling, although I'm still here. For how long not sure. Where in Spain did you end up?

Still undecided--it's a tough choice, feel like a kid in candyland. Am currently in Seville, already spent a week each in Madrid & Barcelona. Headed to Valencia next. Likely will end up in Madrid or Valencia.

I also share many of JayKTusa's negative feelings about Argentina and, could easily double or triple his list of complaints. But, strangely, I'm happy here. Perhaps its my extraordinary Portena. Perhaps its the spirit of the people here. Or maybe I've got a case of the Stockholm Syndrome.

It happens frequently to many. Some never recover.

I like Jeff's ref. to Stockholm Syndrome, i.e. capture-bonding. Another way to look at it is frog-cooking. You know, put a frog in boiling water and he just jumps out, but put him in tepid water and heat it up very very gradually so he's cozy and stays, doesn't notice he's getting cooked (and losing his freedoms/options) de a poco, poco a poco.

I am married and despite my wife having moved back to BA, I am considering joining her. I can appreciate the aforementioned comments.

I met my Tucumána in 2010 when we were on holidays here, then travelled together through South America, spent some time up in Canada where I was on a work assignment, then went to Australia before coming back here where I pinched an assignment with our BsAs office. It was probably our only way to be together and plus I wanted to do something different and get to know the language and culture of my girlfriend. Coming up 2 years, and on the whole its been an awesome experience with the highlight definitely being sure that I have found the girl I love and want to be with. Gone from knowing hola, gracias and cerveza when I first came here to being able to speak not too badly, for the last year n a bit speak only spanish with the mrs and working a major part.

Really enjoy lots of things about the culture and Argentines are a fun bunch to be around and work with (the office is a lot more enjoyable here), families are very important and loyal, love asado, empanadas and malbec, the weather is good and there is always something to do in the city. Have loved getting to know the country, the south is amazing and the north is something entirely different. Love the fact that people arent punctual as neither am I.

As you get more involved you really start to empathise with many of the good Argentines from a political perspective, the corruption and the lower living standards (high prices, low quality) and how every little task/tramite/simple thing just seems so difficult. The bad manners, dishonesty and security also really gets on your nerves.

For us, we are heading back to Aus at the end of the year to try that for a cpl of years, my girlfriend especially is pretty keen to get out and especially is really tired of the insecurity and feeling scared/having to look over your shoulder all the time.

I came here in 2005 and got married (was going to get married and knew that before I came). So far my wife has been absolutely incredible and I'm very happy to have found such a great life partner. Argentina is good and also bad, but for now we are here, but have never shelved the idea of moving to the USA. For those of you men who are looking for a good wife, you came to the right place. There are tons of great single women here that are beautiful, attractive, smart, don't care how much money you make, and are not neurotic or jealous. You can definitely find a great wife here in a short amount of time. The nice thing is that a lot of the men here are actually boys that just want to sleep around and party and live with mommy and daddy. Add in the fact that you might be a foreigner, and when the normal, nice ladies here see that you are a stable guy that works and just wants to find a nice lady to start a family with or find a life partner, they will make it much easier on you than the locals. On top of it, women outnumber men here. I have seen so may stupid guys here. My neighbor was living with a beautiful sweet girl, she was an accountant from a nice family, and he just up and got tired of her and ended the relationship for no reason. I've seen this story happen over and over. The girl was a real sweetheart and if a girl like that was in the U.S. she would had a dozen guys after her. I really recommend looking for a nice Argentine woman. And there are plenty that are not the jealous type, too.

Came to BsAs in 2005 from London and married my Argentine gf in 2012 after dating for 4 years. She is a complete mental case (what female isn't?) but I absolutely love her to bits. I am at times terrified of her which in a messed up way makes our relationship work. She doesn't take any crap like my previous gf's did - which def. keeps me on my toes. I'm the type of guy that needs this. I've spent most of my previous relationships treating girls like crap. It helps that she is also the most beautiful woman I've ever met.

This thread is full of hen-pecked men. Disaster!
Men and women are completely different beasts. Maybe it's in our nature to use and abuse them, but like that you're never going to experience making a woman completely happy, or at least have a fighting chance of doing so. What you call henpecked, we might just call checking our bruto nature so we can meet somewhere in the middle and get to know the opposite sex on a more intimate and complete level. Not to speak for everyone here, but it's something like that for me, after many years of behaving in the opposite way. Being kept in line and being walked all over are totally different things as well.

Back