Men's Field Hockey? Who knew?

bomber said:
And a non-event in non ice hockey countries, which is the majority of the planet.

Canada - USA at the last olympics was definitly noted in those non-hockey countries, much more then any men's field hockey final ever will

US expats: Men play hockey?

Rest of the world expats: Men don't play hockey in the US?

I guess we all learned something.

El chabon said:
Canada - USA at the last olympics was definitly noted in those non-hockey countries, much more then any men's field hockey final ever will
I would hazard a guess as incorrect.

Viewing figures last winter Olympics: 1.7 billion
Last summer Olympics: 4.7 billion (these ones probably more)

And I'm guessing majority of those summer viewers are more interested in sports that are actually played in their country, which includes field hockey.

You like ice hockey better, we get that. But stop trying to insist it's "more popular" simply because it is in a handful of countries. That really means nothing globally. It's a little along the lines of calling the US baseball finals "the world series". ;)

Can you give me the TV ratings for the OS 2010 men's icehockey final and 2008 men's field hockey final?

*sigh*

Why do I have to do your research for you?

(and why is it so important, just because you don't like a sport...??)

I like the sport and gratefull we are getting atleast 1 and maybe 2 gold medals out of it. It's just not an impact sport

El chabon said:
I like the sport and gratefull we are getting atleast 1 and maybe 2 gold medals out of it. It's just not an impact sport

If 'we' is Argentina, then it seems you haven't been following it very closely.

pauper said:
If 'we' is Argentina, then it seems you haven't been following it very closely.

Female hockey is not male hockey

And if the leonas win they wont fill plaza de mayo like would happen in Stockholm, Helsinki, Moskow, Prague, Ottawa, Bratislava and probally some other cities as well with a gold medal for the male icehockey team

El chabon said:
And if the leonas win they wont fill plaza de mayo like would happen in Stockholm, Helsinki, Moskow, Prague, Ottawa, Bratislava and probally some other cities as well with a gold medal for the male icehockey team
And that proves who has the bigger wang than who exactly??

Back