Mercado Pago and new Central Bank regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jantango

Registered
I use Mercado Pago every week when I pay for my order of organic food, so this request for identification is more complicated than it should be. My first attempt at uploading photos of both sides of my DNI was unsuccessful. The second attempt finally worked. The next step is allowing the system to take a photo with my computer camera. I've tried it at least 20 times to complete it, but I get the message that my camera was not enabled to take the photo, although the light is on. If I don't complete this online process on the Mercado Pago site, I can't use MP to pay for my weekly order with a debit card.

Fill in your account details to continue using Mercado Pago
To comply with the regulations of the Central Bank of the Argentine Republic (BCRA), you must complete your data before October 14. It will be a requirement to continue using Mercado Pago.
Have your ID close by and look for a place with good light.
We recommend doing it now, it will only take a few minutes.

FIRST STEP IS TO UPLOAD BOTH SIDES OF THE DNI

We need to confirm that you are the same person as your document indicates
You will have to use your computer's camera and follow the recommendations so that we can see your face.
Make sure you are in a place with good light.
Keep your expression neutral, don't smile.
Avoid wearing glasses and masks.

SECOND STEP IS HAVING YOUR PHOTO TAKEN TO CONFIRM YOU ARE THE SAME PERSON IN THE DNI.

My photo was taken in 2013 when I smiled for the photo and had dark hair. Today my hair is white, so I don't look like my 2013 version.

Has anyone been able to complete this regulation request?

I wouldn’t worry about hair color or smiling in the picture. The tech generally uses stuff like distance between eyes, nose shape etc, which doesn’t change much over time usually. I have had to do a few of these verifications for different apps. In my experience the cell phone apps works better than doing it on the computer

Wow why did this happen? I've had no problems recently, just used MP today actually to recharge a phone.

I wouldn’t worry about hair color or smiling in the picture. The tech generally uses stuff like distance between eyes, nose shape etc, which doesn’t change much over time usually. I have had to do a few of these verifications for different apps. In my experience the cell phone apps works better than doing it on the computer
I do not have a cell phone, only a notebook.

Wow why did this happen? I've had no problems recently, just used MP today actually to recharge a phone.
You'll know on Oct 14 if you need to comply with the new regulation.

i did mine the other day, just snapped a couple pictures with my phone and it was done easily.

Wow, insanity. So how would a tourist or temporary resident in Argentina use Mercado Pago? It is basically a requirement to use mercadolibre.

Wow, insanity. So how would a tourist or temporary resident in Argentina use Mercado Pago? It is basically a requirement to use mercadolibre.
How would a tourist use eBay whilst visiting the USA? With temporary residence in either location comes the documentation that opens up financial transactions.

I have used amazon, mercadolibre, and other local shopping channels while being a tourist. Why would you think it is difficult? How do you think someone will operate when everything is delivered? Imagine in 5 years where sit down restaurants are scarce and everything is done via Rappi yet it requires a DNI to place an order? It is very hostile to temporary and irregular people.

Obviously, I am not talking about someone visiting for a weekend, but many people are in places for longer periods of time who do not have local documentation. For example, you do know a tourist can own property in bsas and just visit it for 5 months out of the year? No DNI required. Should this property owner be denied delivery to his house?

I have used amazon, mercadolibre, and other local shopping channels while being a tourist. Why would you think it is difficult? How do you think someone will operate when everything is delivered? Imagine in 5 years where sit down restaurants are scarce and everything is done via Rappi yet it requires a DNI to place an order? It is very hostile to temporary and irregular people.

Obviously, I am not talking about someone visiting for a weekend, but many people are in places for longer periods of time who do not have local documentation. For example, you do know a tourist can own property in bsas and just visit it for 5 months out of the year? No DNI required. Should this property owner be denied delivery to his house?
Pay cash

Cash is the only option, but who uses it? The only time I use cash is to pay the woman for doing my laundry. I've gotten use to not touching dirty paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back