MercadoLibre account DNI

there is no secret way. more and more, you need a DNI to function financially here. thats just the way it is. you cannot ride the Itau EcoBici bicycles without a DNI either. more and more Argentine systems, from making an online bank transfer, to buying tickets to a concert, to getting admission to an art show, require a phone app, and most of these phone apps only work if you upload your DNI. Pretty much all two party verification here requires a DNI.

You not only need DNI, but ML asks for a copy of it and selfie with DNI in hands. Thank`s God they don`t ask yet for the ultimate colonoscopy result.

FYI Number of tramite printed on DNI is needed to activate your miargentina account (miargentina = all your info, your car info, driver`s license, covid passport etc etc everything about you and even your kids)

PS I suggest you just to find direct contacts of other owners or inmobilaria.

Or if you know the address of this exact property just go there and ask people around, doorman etc, do they know some flat rented here, they should have owner`s phone №. And you can check the area meanwhile which is usefull if you plan longterm rent.

Last edited:
Mercado-Horr-ible is the worst parasitical monopoly ever, they along with their partners in crime the AFIP have strangled e-commerce to death during the lock-downs in Argentina. Spare a thought for the poor staving politicians & all their monopoli$tic mafia friends, they would starve without the strict controls over our finances ;-).

Last edited:
Mercado-Horr-ible is the worst parasitical monopoly ever, they along with their partners in crime the AFIP have strangled e-commerce to death during the lock-downs in Argentina. Spare a thought for the poor staving politicians & all their monopoli$tic mafia friends, they would starve without the strict controls over our finances ;-).

I don't think they're so bad. They definitely make commerce easy and convenient, something that no one else in argentina cares about. If you know of other easy options list them here so I can check them out.

I don't think they're so bad. They definitely make commerce easy and convenient, something that no one else in argentina cares about. If you know of other easy options list them here so I can check them out.
Well, there are no other options in Argentina apart from facebook marketplace so that's just my point, we could start with letting in Amazon, ebay, Aliexpress etc etc. Maybe a little competition in the market would be healthy I think.

Well, there are no other options in Argentina apart from facebook marketplace so that's just my point, we could start with letting in Amazon, ebay, Aliexpress etc etc. Maybe a little competition in the market would be healthy I think.

I'm sure they're all keeping the competition down.

I love a good anticompetitive company/country....

Back