MercadoLibre identity validation

I have a Fujitsu notebook that is ten years old and an ENACOM tablet (free from the city), but facial recognition didn't work on either one after many attempts.
Have you tried asking a friend and using a newer device with a better camera? A 10 year old laptop has the equivalent of a potato for a camera. It won't be high resolution enough for the algorithms to do facial recognition. A friend with a newer iPhone should do the trick.

Comuna 3 is prepared with a special circular light for taking DNI photos in the office, quite different from the equipment that was used ten years ago at 25 de Mayo. Now I know the high level of lighting that is required for facial recognition. When my new photo is in the system, I will validate my identity with a better source of light.

Comuna 3 is prepared with a special circular light for taking DNI photos in the office, quite different from the equipment that was used ten years ago at 25 de Mayo. Now I know the high level of lighting that is required for facial recognition. When my new photo is in the system, I will validate my identity with a better source of light.
Yes, the strip light they normally use for DNIs is awful, and they also tend to compress the images horizontally on the DNI which must make them almost useless for facial recognition.

I needed to order from my organic supplier today. The payment option offers cash or Mercado Pago, but today it only offered Mercado Pago. I gave it a try. It worked. What a nice surprise!

I've been ordering from MercadoLibre for years with no problems. Today I went to order a ton of things for my apartment and I got the dreaded verify your identify. I took a photo of my DNI but then it asked to scan a photo of my face. But no matter which device I try (latest iPhone 14, iPad, etc) it won't let me scan my face.

Has anyone run into this? I can't verify my identify as it won't scan my face. Seems like a bug in the app. Has anyone had this issue and how did you resolve it?

So I figured it out. I guess once you upload your DNI it takes an hour or 2 for the system to process before it will allow you to scan your face. After 2 hours, It asked me to put in my CUIL # and then it allowed me to scan my face to match against my DNI. It approved it so if you're in the same situation, wait a few hours and then it should let you scan your face.

Back