metrogas man - will he ever arrive?

lucymay

Registered
Hi there I was just wondering how late I should stay cooped up inside waiting for the metrogas guy to come and switch my gas back on.. Yesterday they said they would come to do it today from 8am onwards. It is now 5pm and they are still not here.

How late do these sort of companies work until on a saturday?

lucy today is saturday!. of course they are supposed to work on weekends but i think it won´t happen until monday

so should i call again on tuesday and get them to come and turn it back on then?

this is such a nightmare:(

I usually call them on the day to make sure they're def going to turn up. Of course, this is Argentina, sometimes these things can take weeks or months but at least one develops a new level of patience. We had telefonica contact us over a period of about 2 months to install a new line. There must have been 10 or 15 phone-calls before they actually came. Pester them as much as possible.

I honestly don´t think you are going to see anybody from Metrogas until Tuesday ( that if you are lucky ) May I ask why they shut off the gas?

I would find it highly unlikely that they'll be around before Tuesday. Maybe you should call then and find out. I doubt they'll give you (and stick to) a specific time but maybe they could give you a day.
This happened to our PH building once and after 3/4 days everyone started turning their own gas back on (via the metre)

Just be ready with a little extra ca$h... I had to bribe the guy when he came to turn on my gas. FYI,... $60.00 pesos. This was four years ago. It was in the middle of winter.
He told me i needed new ventilation done. The building is over 100 years old.

nikad said:
I honestly don´t think you are going to see anybody from Metrogas until Tuesday ( that if you are lucky ) May I ask why they shut off the gas?

they shut the gas off because the previous tenants hadn't paid from feb-august. then we moved in and got the blame! never mind, the tenants before us are going to pay. i dont think they were actually receiving the bills.

also the problem is that their phone lines [as in not an automated service: real people] are only on mon-fri 9-5 sort of times. ahh well more salad and toast for me!

thankyou everyone for your help

Back