Mexican restaurant?

tourist2townie said:
I love La Fabrica Del Taco... it's a very chill spot in Palermo with amazing Pastor and Awesome Mango Margaritas!

http://lafabricadeltaco.com/

Gotta say that this board has been a great source of info,but after doing the search and reading this post I decided to give La Fabrica a day in court,and...

What a pitiful example of Mexican food.This was amongst the worst food Ive had anywhere in the world,,,absolutely gross,I dont think they couldve made it taste any worse if they had tried...

If youre from SoCal or have spent time in Mexico avoid this place like the plague...it doesnt get much worse than this place!

It depends when you go. Have gone late night before, and been served inedible rubbish. Other times its delicious. But I guess it also depends on what you're expecting. Its not tex-mex.

Lupita is a really nice restaurant, but the food was pretty disappointing. Small portions, big prices and I don't understand how a Mexican restaurant can make nachos taste bad...

jp said:
It depends when you go. Have gone late night before, and been served inedible rubbish. Other times its delicious. But I guess it also depends on what you're expecting. Its not tex-mex.

Lupita is a really nice restaurant, but the food was pretty disappointing. Small portions, big prices and I don't understand how a Mexican restaurant can make nachos taste bad...

Having lived in the city(not county)of L.A.,and spent over one year in Mexico the LAST thing Im looking for is Tex-Mex...I mean thats not even Mexican food...I like real authentic carne asada on corn tortillas(here it was served on flour...WTF?!) w/ some cilantro,onion,limes and radishes...topped w/ fiery hot salsa....,maybe some fresh ceviche,all washed down with some Negro Modelo...thats Mexican food....

This stuff was as you said "inedible rubbish"...will not be going back.

hmmm

I always get corn tortillas at la fabrica. You have to ask them though. The campechanas are pretty good, especially when slathered in sauce labelled "para los mexicanas".

But if you turn up late, you get dried kebab meat in a flour wrap. Which is understandably revolting.

I guess they have to cater for sensitive argentine palates as well, and respect their fear of flavour, fire and strange unconventional breads....

BKK to BA said:
Having lived in the city(not county)of L.A.,and spent over one year in Mexico the LAST thing Im looking for is Tex-Mex...I mean thats not even Mexican food...
It is too "Mexican food" if you're from Chihuahua or Coahuila states. That would be the same as saying "locro isn't even Argentine food", because it's not a milanesa, overcooked pasta, dead cow, or pizza/empanadas.

Horseshit!

Tex-Mex is much more stew/chili based than what you are calling Mexican food because out in the prairie, the vaqueros didn't have the same food at their disposal as someone in a town and therefore had to make food that required just adding water & fire.

Now, adding a half o' pound of cheddar cheese to everything isn't exactly authentic, but refried beans, chili con carne sauce, cooking up whatever you could find and then throwing it into a tortilla... (de maiz o trigo, again, whatever you could find...) that's as MEXICAN as it is Texan.

Are you going to tell me that fried fish tacos (Baja style) IS Mexican food or ISN'T? I'm interested in hearing this explanation as well.

Is this Mexican food or not?

DSC_2377-taqueria-burrito.jpg

From Wikipedia:

Burritos: Son de tortilla de harina de trigo. Incluyen como ingrediente cualquier guiso acompañado con frijoles refritos. Son originarios del estado de Chihuahua.

Do not disparage that which you know little to nothing about.

speedy-gonzalez-laboratorio.jpg

tourist2townie said:
I love La Fabrica Del Taco... it's a very chill spot in Palermo with amazing Pastor and Awesome Mango Margaritas!

http://lafabricadeltaco.com/

I love my Mexican food but sorry T2T but I really didn't like La Fabrica Del Taco... I found it overpriced and not worth it. A tiny chorizo quesidilla was $17 pesos and it was made with ground sweet chorizo...eh. The tacos were $10 pesos each and not that great- no flavor.

BKK to BA said:
I like real authentic carne asada on corn tortillas(here it was served on flour...WTF?!) w/ some cilantro,onion,limes and radishes...topped w/ fiery hot salsa....,maybe some fresh ceviche,all washed down with some Negro Modelo...thats Mexican food....

Now you are making me hungry! Are you cooking? :p

yes mexican food.... it is really hard to find here in BA.... I will still vote for the Chipolte like fast food place... California Burrito Company.... a couple locations.... one downtown ... and palermo (honduras y godoy cruz)...... it is a build your own burrito place... that will do for my mexican food cravings..... a huge burrito for I think 22 pesos..... or quesdillas.. well CBC take a look... it is more fast food type... but I would rather have that than the other mexican restaurants I have been to here in Buenos Aires....

and now I want a negro modelo..thanks nykate!

Has anyone been to Frida Khalo in Belgrano for Mexican? Any comments on it?

Back