Mobile Internet Options

Churchill

Registered
My wife will be in Buenos Aires for 2 months and staying in a place that has no wifi. What is the best solution that will allow her to watch netflix/youtube and do a bit of browsing on her laptop? Buy a local sim, put in her phone and use as a hotspot for the laptop to connect to? just worried that will just gobble up a lot of the data very quickly. any suggestions would be appreciated as she is breaking my balls over this.

Check whether Telecentro Wifi is accessible at the place where she will be staying.

What is this place without wifi? Does it have running water? What about electricity?

Long story. Its an appt, has gas, electricity, water etc just no wifi as it wont be properly lived in/rented out till end of the year. Thanks for the link, will check it out.

Long story. Its an appt, has gas, electricity, water etc just no wifi as it wont be properly lived in/rented out till end of the year.
So, having Edenor bill is OK, but Fibertel bill is out of question?

Netflix allows to download movies and watch them offline at least on Android tablets.

Some of the largest data packs on Claro....prepagoScreenshot_20220113-161401.png

To clarify, this is "no internet at all" and not just "no wifi on their old-ass modem", correct?

Zero internet.

Subway Sandwich , or the corner cafe, can save your day for wifi signal. You can work a deal with a neighbor to share $$ the wifi signal. I Share with a neighbor that is one floor above he works from home..! knock on doors..!

Back