Moneygram transfer

MG is down again, can't even access their website. Hopefully it's not the government forcing us to use official canals so they can get dollars and give us pesos at the official rate.

Did you recover your account?
Yes, thanksfully! I chated with them online via a link provided on this forum, they just asked for my date of birth and I had my account reactived. Just made a small transfer to a Banco nacion account, I'll let you all know if it arrives or cancalled later. The other transfer I sent to myself yesterday in another country was deposited to my account successfully. The problem is only for Argentina.

When I receive transfers in my Banco Nación account, I always receive an email receipt when the funds are credited saying that I have received a "Credin." It comes from Bloomberg BNA (Banco Nación), and a website, bloombergindustry.com, is mentioned. The sender email is a noreply from Banco Nación. Also, at the bottom of the receipt, it says:
Servicio al Cliente: Por consultas respecto del servicio de LINK comuníquese al 0800-888-5465 (Lunes a Sábados de 07 a 24hs y Domingos de 09 a 24 hs). También puede encontrarnos en Facebook y Twitter en nuestros espacios Red Link.
So it seems that there are several intermediaries in the transfer process.

My guess is that there is some problem with Link. (I've tried to call the number provided when I had a problem before. I tried 20 times before giving up.)

Have any of you received a similar email receipt with a successful transfer? It would be interesting to know if there is one company in the middle of these transfers that's having a problem.

(Other information on the receipt: number of Credin, amount of transfer, my CBU and my CUIT.)

When I receive transfers in my Banco Nación account, I always receive an email receipt when the funds are credited saying that I have received a "Credin." It comes from Bloomberg BNA (Banco Nación), and a website, bloombergindustry.com, is mentioned. The sender email is a noreply from Banco Nación. Also, at the bottom of the receipt, it says:

So it seems that there are several intermediaries in the transfer process.

My guess is that there is some problem with Link. (I've tried to call the number provided when I had a problem before. I tried 20 times before giving up.)

Have any of you received a similar email receipt with a successful transfer? It would be interesting to know if there is one company in the middle of these transfers that's having a problem.

(Other information on the receipt: number of Credin, amount of transfer, my CBU and my CUIT.)
I always used Santander Río, Santander does not send emails when receiving funds. This is my first time sending to Banco Nación, it has been about 1:30 hour now, still nothing. Maybe others can answer.

MG is down again, can't even access their website. Hopefully it's not the government forcing us to use official canals so they can get dollars and give us pesos at the official rate.
Nah. The government doesn't care. There're no actual.dollars leaving the country w/ MG/WU. It's a "giro" not a transfer. They have bigger fish to fry. It's most like an IT glitch.

My other transfer to Banco Nación was canceled at 12:27 this morning, the transaction was made at 7:20 PM yesterday. Once anyone is able to successfully complete a transaction, please post it here!

A new twist on Dollar Transfers.. Must keep a cushion of pesos in the event that the system freezes up!! Was used to a 2 hour time delay on transfers...!

As I said in the penultimate paragraph of that summary-of-how-to-use-WU-in-2022 post six months ago -

It's a very good idea to keep a week's worth of pesos on hand as an emergency reserve. It is, however, a bad idea to tell anyone that you do so. It is an even better idea to keep a small reserve of dollars on hand as a last ditch emergency reserve. These dollars need to be in the form of 100 dollar bills, of the latest series, in perfect condition - no rips or tears, no marks or writing. And absolutely don't tell anyone you have dollars on hand.

The problem being that a week's worth of pesos is now a considerable sum. With 6 liters of water going for ~500 and a 200g stick of butter nearly 400. You know what's weird, though? The price of meat at my local carnicería seems to be more or less holding steady.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back