Moneygram transfer

To an outsider observing the increasing difficulties of gaining access to overseas funds or renting an apartment in BA it appears life there for an expat is just too hard to be practical. Is that a realistic perception?

To an outsider observing the increasing difficulties of gaining access to overseas funds or renting an apartment in BA it appears life there for an expat is just too hard to be practical. Is that a realistic perception?
It can be frustrating at first, but you get used to it very quickly. You learn how to get around the problems and annoyances. Many of the people talking about these things have been living here for years. So no, it's not really a realistic perception. If you're a flexible person who can go with the flow, living here is a very interesting experience.

My other transfer to Banco Nación was canceled at 12:27 this morning, the transaction was made at 7:20 PM yesterday. Once anyone is able to successfully complete a transaction, please post it here!
I tried another small transfer this morning. Still no luck.

I suggest reposting this excellent question in a new thread.

no.

This is all moneygram crap.

I just did a transfer with cash pickup not 3 days ago using WU, and it all went off slicker than catshit on linoleum.

This is all moneygram crap.

I just did a transfer with cash pickup not 3 days ago using WU, and it all went off slicker than catshit on linoleum.
Yeah but WU fees are outrageous. The fee for a 3500 transfer is 224+ while MG is only 1.99. When MG works, it works. This is the first time I am having a bad experience with MG. When we had the free codes for WU, it was a good alternative. And I also feel it's disrespectful to go to WU location to pick up cash and be told you can't receive transfer anymore.

I tried another small transfer this morning. Still no luck
I bounce between MG and WU. This week i tried a transfer with MG using a debit card because it was supposed to arrive faster, usually the bank to bank delay for it to hit my argentine account is 3-8 days, and this was just 3. So my card was debited and 3 days later the funds didn't arrive as scheduled. 2 days after that MG sent me an email that it had cancelled. Becuase of this I currently have about 2000 pesos to my name haha.

When it seemed to have hit a hitch i logged into my partner's WU account and for some reason the transfers that would have cost me 24.99 were costing him 12.99. The WU rate was nice so i had him send himself some money which arrived immediately and i used the cash he got to pay my urgent bills.
Now however his WU fees are back up to 24.99 etc.

To me this is what argentines have to do forever, all the time, and more so, figure out a way to juggle financial shuffles and flips just to get by and not lose crazy money to invisible forces. Of course in the end we lose precious time trying to save our pesitos and the Man gets the money anyway.

Oh, and MG isn't currently working for me at all, which often happens.

To me this is what argentines have to do forever, all the time, and more so, figure out a way to juggle financial shuffles and flips just to get by and not lose crazy money to invisible forces. Of course in the end we lose precious time trying to save our pesitos and the Man gets the money anyway.

Oh, and MG isn't currently working for me at all, which often happens.

The odds always favor the house, eh?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back