Moneygram transfer

I think we took the WU promo codes for granted, today I realized how useful these were. On a 300 USD transfer today, I paid a fee of 26.99. Honestly guys, this hurts!!!!
You'd probably be significantly better off using MoneyGram than paying that fee to WU. You have to check the rates of both, of course, but with today's rates for both, and MoneyGram's lower fee, you'd do better today with MG.

That is if you can use MoneyGram. I know that some people can't use it, and I don't think anyone has come up with a solution.

Hopefully we'll get a new code for Western Union.

as of 4:30pm July 5th:

Sending $1000 via Western Union:
exchange rate $251.2
$30 fee (with discount code) for debit card/cash pickup

Sending $1000 via Moneygram:
exchange rate of $262.78
$14.99 fee for debit card/cash pickup

I think its time to switch to Moneygram.
where do you pick up the cash in BA with your MG transfer?

MG and WU is a good combination. But I am having trouble signing up for a MG account. I am using a MAC computer, currently logged on within Argentina. I try USA and Argentine cell numbers. I click "NEXT" and nothing happens. Anyone else have this issue? MAC? Location? I tried to see if I already had an account but pretty much the same thing happens, I click LOGIN after computer puts in email and password from the other (sign-up) location, and nothing happens. Tried to reset password: same result.

.... I am having trouble signing up for a MG account. I am using a MAC computer, currently logged on within Argentina. I try USA and Argentine cell numbers. I click "NEXT" and nothing happens. Anyone else have this issue? MAC? Location? I tried to see if I already had an account but pretty much the same thing happens, I click LOGIN after computer puts in email and password from the other (sign-up) location, and nothing happens. Tried to reset password: same result.
I am using a Windows laptop currently logged on within Argentina. I gave my local landline telephone number when I registered with MG so I cannot answer your question re: use of cell numbers.

Contact Us/What can we help you with?

Last edited:
MG 100% fee code RAF6SKQNTD
Cash pickup rate 262
Account transfer rate 245?
No $5 fee for $400 Transfer July 6th
Status - maybe works- can’t confirm the mobile phone number because contact is sleeping stateside (7am here = around 4 am California) will try later
MG - update- couldn’t confirm my transaction from mobile number and busy all morning. By afternoon, rate dropped to 250 , so they canceled my transaction- Too bad, next time

Hi wise list, just wondering if it is wise to open the account from Argentina.. or from the US?
Any Expats manage to do this successfully from ARG?
thanks in advance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back