Moneygram transfer

For some unknown reason I discovered Moneygram just yesterday, GBP rate was 240 with WU and 253 with Moneygram, no transaction fee and money got into my Brubank account in less than 2 hours against the usual 3 or 4 days it takes with WU. Can't get the reason why some people still go with WU when knowing Moneygram is way better, faster and cheaper, at least when it comes to GBP.

Western Union been slow for anyone else lately, specific for the US version? We've had some extra expenses thanks to moving and the last few transfers I've sent from my savings in the US via debit have been taking 2 days. Sent one on Tuesday night and didn't come Wednesday, and due to the holiday it's going to come Friday.
In my experience it really depends on the holiday and weekend schedule. If you need money fast use moneygram from a debit card and it will be in your account in under an hour.

Are you picking up cash, or doing a transfer to bank account?
debit card to bank account

In my experience it really depends on the holiday and weekend schedule. If you need money fast use moneygram from a debit card and it will be in your account in under an hour.
I would, but I too received the infamous After careful review, your profile is closed and transaction declined as soon as I tried sending myself money.

I sent almoat 5k once without issue. The moneygram daily limit is huge like 30k or something
I dont have any MG account but just checked their page, was able to send like 7k and to a little worse rate then WU, but OK XE rate anyway, will the limit increase if you registrate? Or how did you get a 30k limit? Is 30k/day/week/month etc?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back