Moneygram transfer

There's one in my neighborhood, north side of Cordoba just east of 9 de Julio

I do, I signed up with my US address and bank info. I was able to create the account without issues but I think where i messed up is that I was logged into a VPN when I tried to do the transfer and now am seriously regretting it :( :(
Don't give up yet. Nothing you did was wrong. That happened to me as well this past Tuesday. The following process took about 2 hours, but here's how it went: I went to the help section and clicked chat, asked what the issue was, and after checking, the rep said my account "could not be confirmed," and asked, what is my relationship to the recipient, and the purpose of the transfer? I answered, "myself", and "living expenses". Next, asked "would you mind going through the verification process?" I agreed (did I have a choice?) and then was asked to upload a photo of my passport or other ID, then the rep asked me about 10 personal questions taken from "public records". I was then instructed to reset my pw and log in again. I re-executed the transfer. Success! Transfer arrived in 3 days. Chat people were very polite and professional.

Direct link to get help: https://www.moneygram.com/mgo/us/en/help/contact
Scroll down and you will see a dark blue button that says "chat"

Last edited:
Don't give up yet. Nothing you did was wrong. That happened to me as well this past Tuesday. The following process took about 2 hours, but here's how it went: I went to the help section and clicked chat, asked what the issue was, and after checking, the rep said my account "could not be confirmed," and asked, what is my relationship to the recipient, and the purpose of the transfer? I answered, "myself", and "living expenses". Next, asked "would you mind going through the verification process?" I agreed (did I have a choice?) and then was asked to upload a photo of my passport or other ID, then the rep asked me about 10 personal questions taken from "public records". I was then instructed to reset my pw and log in again. I re-executed the transfer. Success! Transfer arrived in 3 days. Chat people were very polite and professional.

Thanks! Maybe I will try again. I had already tried via chat and calling on the phone, and they both told me that my account was flagged but they didnt know why and couldnt tell me. But worth trying again to see if someone else gives me a different answer .

I tried talking to several chat agents and they all just said my account was closed for security reasons and there was nothing they could do about it :( I asked if I could manually verify my account and they said no ... I guess you got lucky!

I tried talking to several chat agents and they all just said my account was closed for security reasons and there was nothing they could do about it :( I asked if I could manually verify my account and they said no ... I guess you got lucky!
My account was closed as well,after seeing this post, I chat with an agent; they said the same thing to me but they offered to open it again. I just had to reset my password. I completed a new transfer after that, and it went through.

For some unknown reason I discovered Moneygram just yesterday, GBP rate was 240 with WU and 253 with Moneygram, no transaction fee and money got into my Brubank account in less than 2 hours against the usual 3 or 4 days it takes with WU. Can't get the reason why some people still go with WU when knowing Moneygram is way better, faster and cheaper, at least when it comes to GBP.
Thanks for the info. Will definitely keep Moneygram in mind when I need it. The Western Union fees totally stink and Remitly takes over a week. Luckily I get by with work here for now, so I don’t have to mess with my U.S. funds! ;)

Usually the rate for MoneyGram is way lower than WU- but for some reason , it’s the same $298 - with $2 fee. < maybe option > especially with WU sky high fee. Still haven’t used it- hesitant- last time didn’t confirm with code and it got cancelled

Usually the rate for MoneyGram is way lower than WU- but for some reason , it’s the same $298 - with $2 fee. < maybe option > especially with WU sky high fee. Still haven’t used it- hesitant- last time didn’t confirm with code and it got cancelled
The MoneyGram rate for a while now is very close to the WU rate. Sometimes they get out of step with each other for a day or two, but then they come back together. (I'm talking about the MG rate to transfer to a bank; for some reason the rate to pick up is often much lower.) I've been using MG for a few months now, and exclusively since there's been no WU promo code. It's fast and I've had no serious problems.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back