Moneygram transfer

Indeed, ever since they updated their website and the app, MG has been working like shit
Yeah, they were down for more than 24 hours. I was able to make a transfer at 7 PM yesterday but haven't received it yet. Normally, money arrives in less than 2 hours.

And here we go again:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221028-125322_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20221028-125322_Messenger.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 14
Where is The problem ? I received the mail transfer confirmation from MG, but it's not posted here yet . Not possible that all the Local Banks are having delays posting MG the transfers? Confusing ?

UPDATE:

I just got my 2 transfers cancelled and this is what MG told me:

Walter S: Yes, I can see in our system that your transactions have been successfully cancelled. Please keep in mind that the refund timeframe is within 10 business days. As I can see here, the transactions were cancelled because the receiver's financial institution didn't accept the funds. Since the receiver's financial institution didn't accept the money, MoneyGram needed to cancel the transfers because we can't keep your money. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you, but you will get the money back, it's just a matter of time to have it back.

WTF

Where is The problem ? I received the mail transfer confirmation from MG, but it's not posted here yet . Not possible that all the Local Banks are having delays posting MG the transfers? Confusing ?
  • The problem is the uncertainty created when the thing that normally happens does not occur. 99% of the time, transfers to a bank account occur in just over an hour. I think it's natural to have a little anxiety when your money is in limbo and there's no information about it.
  • It's especially disconcerting to read that Tomaskuklis' transfers from last Saturday and Monday have still not been received.
  • I think that it is highly unlikely that all local banks suddenly have delays posting MG transfers.
  • I don't know why you wrote "Confusing ?"
Time will tell if there's a problem or not, and if this is going to continue this way or not.

UPDATE:

Walter S: Yes, I can see in our system that your transactions have been successfully cancelled. Please keep in mind that the refund timeframe is within 10 business days. As I can see here, the transactions were cancelled because the receiver's financial institution didn't accept the funds. Since the receiver's financial institution didn't accept the money, MoneyGram needed to cancel the transfers because we can't keep your money. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you, but you will get the money back, it's just a matter of time to have it back.

WTF
I just received a cancellation notice for yesterday's transfer. No reason was given for the cancellation.

This happened a while back, also. It lasted about a week, and then things went back to normal. We'll see.

I just received a cancellation notice for yesterday's transfer. No reason was given for the cancellation.

This happened a while back, also. It lasted about a week, and then things went back to normal. We'll see.
Thanks for letting me know! I'll have to send money using WU in the meantime. Looking forward to things getting back to normal.

UPDATE:

WTF
Darn it! Which bank was that? Mine was sent to Santander, still nothing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back