Moneygram transfer

I have had problems (delays) when I've done transfers that will arrive at the bank between 3pm and 7pm on days when the bank is open. It always sorted itself out in a day or two (working days), but I now try not to do transfers that will arrive during those hours.
Thanks for sharing! While the transfer I made yesterday hasn't been deposited; the one I just made hit my back account in 1 hour and 20 minutes. That's so weird!

Thanks for sharing! While the transfer I made yesterday hasn't been deposited; the one I just made hit my back account in 1 hour and 20 minutes. That's so weird!
I've also had problems with argentine bank to argentine bank transfers in the same time period. The banks do a lot of things after 3pm, and I'm guessing that they shut down a lot of things (like transfers) that could "confuse" their internal systems. At Banco Nación (and I think at others), at 3pm they lock the doors and shut off access to the ATMs for about 45 minutes. The banks are pretty weak here. Surprise, surprise.

I'm approaching a year more or less using MG to transfer money from my bank account in the US and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with accounting for the money to the AFIP. It is my understanding that the wires count as income. I want to understand it a bit more before I get involved with an accountant, determine wether it is really necessary or just pay the taxes on income I owe the AFIP after the bill comes. Thank you!

It is my understanding that the wires count as income. ... taxes on income I owe the AFIP after the bill comes.

I think neither MG nor WU are intended for conducting business activities. When they ask you about a reason for sending money, they expect to see "family support" or something similar. If you express that this is an income in any way, MG will probably close your account.

And don't expect that AFIP will calculate your taxes and send you bills on a regular basis. At some point, they can start an investigation, though, but they do not act proactively.

Always had Moneygram transfers reach my bank in BA account within hours , today a transfer is in transit for several hours...!! What's going on?

Always had Moneygram transfers reach my bank in BA account within hours , today a transfer is in transit for several hours...!! What's going on?
My transfer was canceled. If this goes like before, it will take them a few days to fix whatever the problem is. I've tried another transfer, just in case. I'll let you know if it works.

(So much for the Christmas theory.)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back