Moneygram transfer

Not sure what the deal is. Called both my banks and they claim everything is normal. Western union is taking forever. Was finally forced to get off my ass and figure out crypto this morning. Worked well and was fast. Ended up with better rate than wester union and moneygram.
Interesting. Can you give me more info?

I'm approaching a year more or less using MG to transfer money from my bank account in the US and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with accounting for the money to the AFIP. It is my understanding that the wires count as income. I want to understand it a bit more before I get involved with an accountant, determine wether it is really necessary or just pay the taxes on income I owe the AFIP after the bill comes. Thank you!
As far as I understand, from reading a local WU comprobante, these kind of transfers are family support and are exempt from being declared and taxed.

Just to be on the safe side, the WU account I use is in the name of a close family member (with their consent).

I bought crypto on a US exchange and then I sold in a local physical broker here and they gave me cash. The entire process took 15 min and I ended up around 335 ars/usd. Only thing is they gave me cash which now I have to go to the bank and put in my account.

Yeah I mean if you could give me more info on what you did with crypto, I'm eager to find another solution rather than sticking to WU or MG
I use Binance p2p to sell USD for pesos and the seller transfers the pesos to my MercadoLibre account. It’s the “dolar cripto” rate, which is similar to the blue.

Seems there are cuevas that offer cash for this.

Binance is a little complicated to navigate the first few times you use it but after a few tries you get used to it.

I bought crypto on a US exchange and then I sold in a local physical broker here and they gave me cash. The entire process took 15 min and I ended up around 335 ars/usd. Only thing is they gave me cash which now I have to go to the bank and put in my account.
I’d been looking for something like this that gives cash instead of transfers, good to know it exists.

Question where are these usually located?

U
I use Binance p2p to sell USD for pesos and the seller transfers the pesos to my MercadoLibre account. It’s the “dolar cripto” rate, which is similar to the blue.

Seems there are cuevas that offer cash for this.

Binance is a little complicated to navigate the first few times you use it but after a few tries you get used to it.
Unfortunately I cannot access binance and lemon cash and all those good apps because they don't accept gringos.

Question where are these usually located?
The one I found just has a sign hanging on the building that it's a crypto broker. Other than that I would just ask around, Im sure most business owners or entrepreneurs know a place.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back