Monotributo Vs. Small Company

Monotributo seems pretty funny to me: you don't declare how much you earn, you just pay taxes accordingly. But when you have to present tax documents to prove you can financially support yourself and your family, how do you do?
I am thinking about countries or instances where you have to prove your earnings to immigrate / get a loan, etc. What would prove a paper where it is stated that I paid a certain amount because I earned between X and Y, where the highest range is 26 k USD/year gross (not very much for living abroad!).

Anyway, the highest category for services is hasta 400.00 pesos (26 k USD), what happens after that?

If you earn more than 400000 pesos you explode - killing us all.

Like many fixed ceilings, the 400K per annum is in sore need of a revision. Most tax-related ceilings appear to still live in the fantasy-land of 4 pesos to the dollar. With that rate, 400K annual was just over 8000 USD a month, which made sense. It does not make sense today, when it's just under 2K and wholly unsuited for a single income.

Same for other ceilings. The maximum amount you can deposit at a bank without ID is 40000 pesos - once upon a time that was 10000 USD, today it's well under 3000. The maximum for cash purchases (again, without writing down your ID) at a supermarket is 1000 pesos: that's less than $65 today.

The country badly needs its statutory magic numbers to adjust to the new reality.

If you earn more than 400000 pesos you explode - killing us all.

You guys are joking but if you are an artist, you can easily find yourself hopelessly broke one month and obscenely rich the next. Most of my artist friends in BsAs don't even bother with monotributo because their income from art is negligible and have a regular job instead. But everyone is dreaming of That Thing (bestseller, n1 hit) that will catapult them to the stars. If that happens, what is the next legal step to take? Monotributo? Or is there a special category? B)

Its best to behave, live like a broke person in BA irrespective of yr actual status.

Indeed :) Plus, of course, you can always hire an accountant once you can afford it. The funny part is getting there. It would be interesting to know what legal options you have, apart from skipping it altogether and eventually fixing it in retrospective. What is for example the legal status of foreign musicians who come on a tour in Argentina? (now not talking of Goran Bregovic whom I'm deeply sorry to miss out on, I think I read somewhere he's been awarded a honorary citizenship of Buenos Aires loong ago :) )

Back