Monsanto and Argentina

Redrum ,
naaaaa . Lets leave it a diferences of opinion . You are going off on a tangent as to what is the laws of nature.
If your philosophy or ideals are different , wekk , ok , but you cant just say that because we opine differntly , that your opinion is the valid one.
As far as I know , gmo foods MUST be labeld accordingly. I may be wrong , but i remember reading some debate about that.
Read up on that monsant product. you will see that its main atribure is disease resistance.
All the other stuff your are mentioning about controlling the world smells like im talking to a fundamentalist.
Ill debate and agree with you or not , but you cant say your views and your views alone are the ones that are valid.

Fabe said:
Redrum ,
naaaaa . Lets leave it a diferences of opinion . You are going off on a tangent as to what is the laws of nature.
If your philosophy or ideals are different , wekk , ok , but you cant just say that because we opine differntly , that your opinion is the valid one.
As far as I know , gmo foods MUST be labeld accordingly. I may be wrong , but i remember reading some debate about that.
Read up on that monsant product. you will see that its main atribure is disease resistance.
All the other stuff your are mentioning about controlling the world smells like im talking to a fundamentalist.
Ill debate and agree with you or not , but you cant say your views and your views alone are the ones that are valid.

Fabe stop getting all defensive. I think you're the one going off on tangents. This is not a competition. I'm not trying to put you down or say that my opinion is right and yours is wrong. This issue is so much bigger than you and i.

What I find interesting is that I can give you information, yet you choose to ignore it and continue to cling to this false notion that Monsanto products are somehow good. you have an opinion all right - an uninformed one. you haven't seen the documentary The World According to Monsanto. you haven't read any of the articles i just posted. If you had, you would have seen this:

"No GMO Labeling Laws in the USA!
Foods containing GMOs don't have to be labeled in the USA. Monsanto has fought hard to prevent labeling laws. This is alarming, since approximately 70% of processed foods in the US now contain GMO ingredients. The European Union, Japan, China, Korea, Australia, New Zealand and many other nations now require mandatory GMO labeling."

I don't know about the labeling laws here in argentina however I can't remember ever reading anything about gmo on food labels here.

igor said:
Wikipedia has an article on gm food controversies that presents both sides of the story.

Nature intended us to eat what nature provided and to change the course of nature creating different seed structures and modifying foods is the biggest cause of disease today .

Genetically modified foods and processed garbage is the main instigator of bad health and creates huge business only for the medical industry.

People who eat no processed foods and eat mainly raw foods are a picture of health compared to the rest of us .

My case rests.

perry said:
Nature intended us to eat what nature provided and to change the course of nature creating different seed structures and modifying foods is the biggest cause of disease today .

Genetically modified foods and processed garbage is the main instigator of bad health and creates huge business only for the medical industry.

Does it look that USA is dying out after wide adoption of generically engineered crops?

Sources: 1, 2.

gm_crop_adoption.gif

life_expectancy.gif

igor said:
Does it look that USA is dying out after wide adoption of generically engineered crops?

i would say that we need longer than 15 years to truly see the obvious effects of eating increased gmo on a national level.

that being said, i believe the effects are already taking place with the highest cancer rates in the world as well as a host of other diseases and off the charts obesity rates.

the biggest issue as i see it, is the fact that the mainstream press is largely controlled to the extent that attention to these issues are mainly focused on the symptoms and not the root causes. this creates a disruption in how the chain of events are presented and understood by the public. it prevents people(on purpose) from being able to connect the dots between cause and effect. thus, these types of issues rarely see the light of day because they are not deemed "newsworthy" and they are almost never presented in the correct context. the media lies through omission.

one cannot rely solely on the establishment to take care of them. because just about every pillar of society has been compromised and monetized by big, industrial business where human life takes a back seat to quarterly earnings and stock PE ratios - the medical industry, the financial industry and of course the food industry.

i don't have to be a doctor to know that taking too many prescription drugs are not good for a person.

i don't have to be an economist to know that governments cannot spend their way to prosperity.

i don't have to be a nutritionist to know that eating foods that have been genetically engineered can never be as good as eating the real thing as nature gives it to us straight from the source.

one only has to use a little bit of common sense and their instincts to know what is right for their bodies.

Reading some of the posts above makes me cringe as it is obvious to anyone who works in hospitals and walks around cities that the health of the citizens is declining due to poor diets and a overzealous medical system .

The USA and Argentinians peoples health has declined in the last 100 years with cancer at skyrocketing rates . Childhood cancer is now relatively common a disease that was unknown just 50 years ago .

Obesity levels are at extreme levels and diabetes now affecting a huge percentage of the population for example native communities like the Aborigines in Australia diabetes affects 50% of the population and they also have the worst life expectancy of any indigenous group of the world . If the argument is correct about western processed foods and lifestyle would they not live longer?
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...have-worst-life-expectancy-20100115-mber.html

Aborigines like the Eskimos in Canada lived very healthy lives before the advent of processed foods and the invasion of western ways . Every society that takes on western ways eating mainly a processed diet becomes sicker and lives shorter lives .

The longest living people in the world ( Blue Zones ) all share similar characteristics .

http://www.drarrigo.com/the-healthiest-longest-living-people

By the way none of these blue zones are in Big Cities!

redrum said:
i would say that we need longer than 15 years to truly see the obvious effects of eating increased gmo on a national level.

"Of all the people born in 1865 who later dined on pickles, there has been a 100% mortality rate."

Proof That Pickles Are Bad For You

Replacing "pickles" for "gm food" (or anything else for that matter) will provide you with many additional lines of arguments.

That was an example used in a Statistical Process Controll class I took.
I remember it still.

Back