Monsanto and Argentina

The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses.

- Albert Einstein

not to mention the churches and never never underestinmate the strength of the choripan to ifluence the masses !

redrum said:
The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses.

- Albert Einstein

I am pretty sure you have extensive collection of conspiracy quotes, but seriously doubt that it makes any difference for you where they come from.

"How is it possible for this small clique to bend the will of the majority, who stand to lose and suffer by a state of war, to the service of their ambitions. An obvious answer to this question would seem to be that the minority, the ruling class at present, has the schools and press, usually the Church as well, under its thumb. This enables it to organize and sway the emotions of the masses, and makes its tool of them."

You see, Einstein talks specifically about wars. Your version of the quote is adapted for conspiracy theorists.

spoke to a brazillian on a plane about it:
"well it's very big i don't think it makes much difference"

I explained how my own country used to be forest, all of europe too. I said how i visited iceland where the moon landings were practice, where the dust is being treasured and collected to rebuild dirt in between the rocks.

Particularly interested parties should include:

- farmers. A big power base to influence. They are business but they also appreciate the idea of sustaining land
- external NGOs. If they can't get far in brazil then try here. Greenpeace etc but also climate change folk
- tourism. Forward the tourists to the effected areas
- publish info to inform buyers where they are buying from

You, i, we can all take action on each of these things. Research the area so you can show visiting friends how it's a nice holiday. Look at the hotel developments in missiones. Map the info. Converse with international bodies on it.

Remember you're 6 handshakes away from meeting everyone on the globe.

igor said:
You see, Einstein talks specifically about wars. Your version of the quote is adapted for conspiracy theorists.

As if the quote cannot be applied to anything else? The "ruling class" promotes more than just war.

igor said:
I am pretty sure you have extensive collection of conspiracy quotes, but seriously doubt that it makes any difference for you where they come from.

"How is it possible for this small clique to bend the will of the majority, who stand to lose and suffer by a state of war, to the service of their ambitions. An obvious answer to this question would seem to be that the minority, the ruling class at present, has the schools and press, usually the Church as well, under its thumb. This enables it to organize and sway the emotions of the masses, and makes its tool of them."

sorry, i simply do not follow your logic at all.

it is the general concept that there is a ruling class that benefits from the status quo and seeks to maintain things the way they are. those in positions of power seek to exert their influence to shape public opinion and manipulate the masses. thinking otherwise is a bit naive in my opinion.

it's true that within that context, einstein was talking about war. however as another poster said, the CONCEPT can be applied to anything. and in this particular case, it is being used in the industry of food.

sorry my friend but that is not conspiracy theory. that is real life. the fact that you would even use the term "conspiracy theorist" demonstrates that you have an agenda. your agenda is to cast doubt on the speaker or the subject matter by giving it a pejorative label rather than focus on the issues.

redrum said:
sorry, i simply do not follow your logic at all.

You should strike off Einstein from your list of global conspiracy supporters.

redrum said:
... rather than focus on the issues

Your point was that the "biggest cause of disease today" will not have "obvious effects" at least for the next 15 years, right?
What is it to discuss in the meantime? Some twisted quotes or a handful collection of articles that have not been forged by powerful Monsanto agents yet?

shame , this started out as an interesting thread. Its frustrating to debate with either a convinced conspiracy theorist or a fundamentalist religous zealot..... :(

igor said:
You should strike off Einstein from your list of global conspiracy supporters.

your insistence on injecting conspiracy theories into the debate neither strengthens your point nor sheds any new light on the issue. in fact, it only detracts from your credibility. my use of einstein's quote was appropriate within the context. the fact that you are unable or choose not to acknowledge this is due to a personal bias against myself and others that you perceive to be so called "conspiracy theorists".

Your point was that the "biggest cause of disease today" will not have "obvious effects" at least for the next 15 years, right?

i didn't exactly say that no. please re read the post. my comment regarding 15 years was in response to the graph you had posted, which showed a 15 year timeline, to which i simply stated that it would be preferable to analyze the effects of eating gmo food over a period greater than 15 years in order to see the more obvious effects. i thought i was pretty straight forward on that one.

What is it to discuss in the meantime? Some twisted quotes or a handful collection of articles that have not been forged by powerful Monsanto agents yet?

i'm sorry, i thought i had made my point. you're the one making posts about pickles and who continues to nit pick at everything i say, somehow unable(or again unwilling) to simply acknowledge another person's point of view.

i'll try to be as clear and concise as i possibly can by copying and pasting a sentence from one of my previous posts. this should sum up my thoughts for this thread regarding monsanto and the consumption of gmo food.

"i don't have to be a nutritionist to know that eating foods that have been genetically engineered can never be as good as eating the real thing as nature gives it to us straight from the source."

Back