More Obama likes

redrum said:
watch this video to hear what schiff has to say in general about income taxes. i think it's pretty clear and concise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4KfVM5Ed3c

I think it is clear and concise, too. It is also totally unrelated to the position you took in earlier posts which was that reducing current income taxes would increase govt revenue. As I pointed out, the prior Schiff tape didn't support that position and, if anything, contradicted it. All economic pundits including the finance guys of the Bush and Reagan administrations universally agree that lowering taxes will not increase tax revenue. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has estimated that extending the Bush tax cuts of 2001-2003 beyond their 2010 expiration would increase deficits by $1.8 trillion dollars over the following decade.

In this tape Schiff is extolling the benefit of a VAT or national sales tax in lieu of an income tax. I don't purport to have any expertise in these matters, but my initial uninformed response is that it may not be a bad idea. He makes a convincing argument. I do part with Schiff when he argues that the amount of any such tax should initially be set so as to decrease the total revenue now received via the income tax. While that may eventually come to pass, the current financial condition of the country doesn't allow for optimistic speculation on what the immediate effects of such a significant change in the US tax structure would be.

If such a national sales tax or VAT ever does come to pass, realistically it probably wouldn't be as a replacement of income tax but as a supplement that would allow for lower marginal tax rates. Ultimately, who knows. For now, we are stuck with the sytem we have and working within that system it's necessary to raise more govt revenue by allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire. I hope you agree.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/e...les/2010/08/20/unwelcome_truth_we_need_taxes/

The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a well-regarded progressive Washington thinktank, estimates that revenue loss from the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts account for about a quarter of the current federal deficit. And that by 2014, those cuts, if continued, will be responsible for 54 percent of the yearly deficit.
Yesterday’s update from the Congressional Budget Office, meanwhile, shows that keeping those tax cuts would swell the cumulative 2011-2020 freshet of red ink from $6.2 trillion to $9.5 trillion.

darmanad said:
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/e...les/2010/08/20/unwelcome_truth_we_need_taxes/

The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a well-regarded progressive Washington thinktank, estimates that revenue loss from the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts account for about a quarter of the current federal deficit. And that by 2014, those cuts, if continued, will be responsible for 54 percent of the yearly deficit.
Yesterday’s update from the Congressional Budget Office, meanwhile, shows that keeping those tax cuts would swell the cumulative 2011-2020 freshet of red ink from $6.2 trillion to $9.5 trillion.

Tax revenues increased under the Bush tax cuts. The US did then and still does have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world, discouraging investment. And Obama's answer to Bush's fiscal insanity (spending) has been to increase a 1 trillion deficit to 3 trillion and enact entitlements that are bankrupting the country.

But the real story here is this darmanad character who in a fashion typical of certain people pushes on one hand Obama-style progressivism, gay rights laws, multiculturalism, etc., every politically correct idea when it comes to the US, but on the other believes in an ethnonationalist racial state in Israel. These people really have no idea how hypocritical they look to others...

(I actually support Israel but I don't have the chutzpah to go online and wag my finger and tell the Americans, Europeans, Afrikaaners, etc., that they can't have the same thing for themselves.)

Your appear to be borderline schizoid ( confirmed by a quick review of prior posts) so I won't further reply. Have fun.

darmanad said:
Your appear to be borderline schizoid ( confirmed by a quick review of prior posts) so I won't further reply. Have fun.

You're lying. You understand what I'm saying very well. Like other New Left Dershowitz flunkies you want simultaneously to argue for a Jewish-majority Israel as somehow "liberal" and at the same time you're an Obamabot universalist "progressive" when it comes to the US. It's likely you don't even see the contradiction though.

Denouncing your opponents as "schizoid" is another typical tactic of your team when it's cornered though...I understand :p

Orw,
Do you or do you not agree that reinstituting all the Bush tax cuts would decrease tax revenue?

Back