More Obama likes

darmanad said:

I'm sorry, but anyone that agrees with this load of steaming CRAP needs to be taken out in the backyard and shot dead.

"the debt wealthy people owe to society."

WHAT DEBT do wealthy people owe society?? ZERO!!

Wealthy (VERY wealthy) people are rich because they created something that we all use (Apple, Microsoft, etc). Some are genius investors (like Buffet) who have created (as the others above) millionaires and billionaires from their employees and or investors.

Also, these awful rich people donate BILLIONS of dollars a year to charities all over the world. Compare that to your mighty Obama's 3000,000 (in total, give or take a couple thousand) during his entire lifetime (and you can't count the prize money for the "earned" Nobel Peace Prize).

So, again let's screw over the rich people because they "OWE" us. Are you kidding me??

Most people just don't realize that Obama has cut taxes for 95% of working families.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/us/politics/19taxes.html?ref=todayspaper
p.s. Buffet and Gates support higher taxes on the rich.They both acknowledge that they owe their wealth in large part to sources provided by the government of their country.
p.p.s. Some people that contribute here manifest very serious psychological problems

darmanad said:
Most people just don't realize that Obama has cut taxes for 95% of working families.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/us/politics/19taxes.html?ref=todayspaper
p.s. Buffet and Gates support higher taxes on the rich.They both acknowledge that they owe their wealth in large part to sources provided by the government of their country.
p.p.s. Some people that contribute here manifest very serious psychological problems

Cutting 1 VERY small tax but adding a ton more doesn't really warrant any type of tax cut, but again, nice try. Keep trying and maybe do a bit more research on what taxes were really "cut" compared to those that have increased and will rise come January.

P.S. let's see the quote from Gates that he owes some of his success to the government. Doesn't count if he said it in front of a group of government workers. I can show you MANY that quote him as saying he owes his success to a good education, great employees, a bit of luck, and...wait for it...HARD WORK.

P.P.S. again with the personal attacks. A lot like what is happening now in the states. Your people have nothing to run on so all they do is throw out personal attacks on their opponents.

Still, if that's all you got, go for it....we all see past your crap. Again, those who can't argue on the merits and can't back up their arguments, attack those that can.

Original publication: Forbes.com
Date of publication: 10/06/2010
Tax Me, Please

By ASHLEA EBELING
Originally posted in The Best Revenge blog, Forbes.com, Oct. 6, 2010
300px-Warren_Buffett_KU_Visit.jpg

It’s not just billionaires like Warren Buffett and Bill Gates who say that there should be an estate tax, but just plain old rich folks are speaking out too.
More than 2,000 wealthy Americans who have paid or expect to owe estate taxes have signed a call to preserve the estate tax that was put out by United for a Fair Economy’s Responsible Wealth project. The signers include professors, farmers, small business owners, and lawyers, says Lee Farris, the estate tax policy coordinator for UFE. Some signers have a few million dollars, others tens of millions, but they are united in the words of the call: “We believe that permanent repeal of the estate tax would be bad for our democracy, our economy, and our society.”
The signers of the Responsible Wealth estate tax call are not just outliers, and some are billionaires. They include Forbes 400 members David E. Shaw, Julian Robertson, Jr., George Soros, John Sperling, and Ted Turner. All six children of David Rockefeller, the oldest Forbes 400 member, have signed too.
For more about how billionaires are duking it out over taxes, check out the story, Billionaire Tax Battle, that Janet Novack and I co-wrote in the October 25th issue of Forbes.
_______________________________________________-
Read more at http://www.faireconomy.org/news/tax_me_please_say_some_wealthy_americans
Read more about Gates' generousity here.
http://www.forbes.com/profile/bill-gates

darmanad said:
Original publication: Forbes.com
Date of publication: 10/06/2010
Tax Me, Please

By ASHLEA EBELING
Originally posted in The Best Revenge blog, Forbes.com, Oct. 6, 2010

It’s not just billionaires like Warren Buffett and Bill Gates who say that there should be an estate tax, but just plain old rich folks are speaking out too.
More than 2,000 wealthy Americans who have paid or expect to owe estate taxes have signed a call to preserve the estate tax that was put out by United for a Fair Economy’s Responsible Wealth project. The signers include professors, farmers, small business owners, and lawyers, says Lee Farris, the estate tax policy coordinator for UFE. Some signers have a few million dollars, others tens of millions, but they are united in the words of the call: “We believe that permanent repeal of the estate tax would be bad for our democracy, our economy, and our society.”
The signers of the Responsible Wealth estate tax call are not just outliers, and some are billionaires. They include Forbes 400 members David E. Shaw, Julian Robertson, Jr., George Soros, John Sperling, and Ted Turner. All six children of David Rockefeller, the oldest Forbes 400 member, have signed too.
For more about how billionaires are duking it out over taxes, check out the story, Billionaire Tax Battle, that Janet Novack and I co-wrote in the October 25th issue of Forbes.
_______________________________________________-
Read more at http://www.faireconomy.org/news/tax_me_please_say_some_wealthy_americans
Read more about Gates' generousity here.
http://www.forbes.com/profile/bill-gates

What the heck does this have to do with anything I wrote??? I didn't say anything about them supporting tax increases.

YOU SAID...they credited the government with their success, right? And now you reply with something about an estate tax...interesting. I guess you weren't able to find those quotes to support your argument (of course not).

And AGAIN, run away from the truth...it only shows what a "troll" you really are. I stand up and fight for what I believe. You lie and hide or choose not to debate.

Oh, on another note, I did some more RESEARCH (might want to try it). Obama's tax hikes will be 20 times more than his tax "cuts".

An exerpt from an article in today's NYT which I think is apt of this exchange:
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/is-pure-altruism-possible/?th&emc=th

Common sense tells us that some people are more altruistic than others. Egoism’s claim that these differences are illusory — that deep down, everybody acts only to further their own interests — contradicts our observations and deep-seated human practices of moral evaluation.
At the same time, we may notice that generous people don’t necessarily suffer more or flourish less than those who are more self-interested. Altruists may be more content or fulfilled than selfish people. Nice guys don’t always finish last.
But nor do they always finish first. The point is rather that the kind of altruism we ought to encourage, and probably the only kind with staying power, is satisfying to those who practice it. Studies of rescuers show that they don’t believe their behavior is extraordinary; they feel they must do what they do, because it’s just part of who they are. The same holds for more common, less newsworthy acts — working in soup kitchens, taking pets to people in nursing homes, helping strangers find their way, being neighborly. People who act in these ways believe that they ought to help others, but they also want to help, because doing so affirms who they are and want to be and the kind of world they want to exist. As Prof. Neera Badhwar has argued, their identity is tied up with their values, thus tying self-interest and altruism together. The correlation between doing good and feeling good is not inevitable— inevitability lands us again with that empty, unfalsifiable egoism — but it is more than incidental.

Altruists should not be confused with people who automatically sacrifice their own interests for others. We admire Paul Rusesabagina, the hotel manager who saved over 1,000 Tutsis and Hutus during the 1994 Rwandan genocide; we admire health workers who give up comfortable lives to treat sick people in hard places. But we don’t admire people who let others walk all over them; that amounts to lack of self-respect, not altruism.
Altruism is possible and altruism is real, although in healthy people it intertwines subtly with the well-being of the agent who does good. And this is crucial for seeing how to increase the amount of altruism in the world. Aristotle had it right in his “Nicomachean Ethics”: we have to raise people from their “very youth” and educate them “so as both to delight in and to be pained by the things that we ought.”

In the lame-duck Congress agenda, perhaps the most substantive debate is over whether to continue tax breaks for the rich. President Obama and most Congressional Democrats want to extend the Bush tax cuts for 98 percent of Americans, everyone making under $250,000. Republicans want to extend the tax cuts for everybody despite Bush's tax bill enacted in June 2001 to suspend the tax cuts at the end of 2010 in order to restore needed revenue. If nothing is done, everyone's taxes will rise.
http://www.truth-out.org/the-great-tax-cut-debate-myths-and-facts65294

Back