Mosquitoes?

STElmoFranco

Registered
Hi,

I just recently moved back to Buenos Aires and have an apartment in San Telmo. The past couple of nights I have woken up with bug bites of some kind. They're red lumps that itch a little. I could easily imagine bugs could get in my apartment since it's and old building and there is space around the windows. I was wondering though if there are even mosquitoes here this time of year, or if it is some other type of bug possibly? I just am praying it's not bed bugs! I don't see any signs of them.

Thanks!

I've seen two mosquitoes this year. I'd say you have bed bugs. Better change those sheets.

It has just started to be warm enough and wet enough to bring out the mosquitoes, but there are other explanations, besides bedbugs. Like spiders. I have had one spider bite in bed in the past month. But so far no mosquitoes. But I live pretty high up in a building in crime-ridden Palermo, so it's possible the critters haven't made it up this high yet.

Yeah, we have had some skeeters invade our room in the past week. They hide up in the corners of our 12 foot ceilings, safe from brooms, newspapers, and various flying objects, only to fly down at night and attack us.

I have a bite on my finger. Worst place for a bit ever.

I couldnt believe that on Saturday out come the mosquitoes, only one week after the cold weather, plus, they seem to be really huge the ones ive seen and been bitten from so far.

I killed 7 mosquitos so far in the past few days. Neighbour has a pool that he does not care about. Water is more green than blue. Everybody hates him for that but apparently you can´t force him to care about it.

It is difficult to see bedbugs. Usually you have several bites next to each other, and they are usually smaller then mosquitobites. Let's hope you have mosquitos (which is possible) an no bedbugs, it takes more then changing your sheets to get rid of those...

Hellek said:
I killed 7 mosquitos so far in the past few days. Neighbour has a pool that he does not care about. Water is more green than blue. Everybody hates him for that but apparently you can´t force him to care about it.

A little trick from the rain barrels used back in the olde country. Put a few capfuls of oil, cooking oil, or olive oil, whatever you like to use in the water. For a 100 L barrel, we only needed to drop in a couple capfuls ...

Anyhow, the mosquitoes don't like it. Apparently they land on it, doesn't feel good, so they take off.

Perhaps a water balloon filled with cooking oil?! ;)

Back