Most cabify drivers don’t accept my ride requests.

On the subject of Cabify drivers etc. it is / was quite a common practice to for private individuals to hire a driver to drive their vehicle for one of these services or rent their car to someone who does (Maybe not by picking someone from MercadoLibre, but through someone you know and trust...)

I have toyed with this idea of having a car to either rent to someone or hiring someone to be a personal driver and use the car for ride sharing while I am away or not using it (to avoid it sitting around unused most of the time and offset some of the operating costs) however I am not sure how the whole insurance thing works... especially when third parties like a Cabify or paying customers are involved... Anyone here done this before?

I too have noticed an uptick in delay waiting for drivers to accept.

Must be nice to have apps. We still only have yellow cabs and they raise hell whenever anyone tries make getting around easier or cheaper.

Wednesday 21.00 half an hour wait for a cab on Av. Santa Fe. Had to struggle with a lady who claimed she saw it first. Some taxicab apps had a 45 minutes waiting time. It's a crisis, no fun to go out any more, Christmas Eve forget it..!!

Wednesday 21.00 half an hour wait for a cab on Av. Santa Fe. Had to struggle with a lady who claimed she saw it first. Some taxicab apps had a 45 minutes waiting time. It's a crisis, no fun to go out any more, Christmas Eve forget it..!!
Since the pandemic, there are about 3000 less operating taxis in Buenos Aires. Noche Buena is a good night to stay home. The streets are empty.

Since the pandemic, there are about 3000 less operating taxis in Buenos Aires. Noche Buena is a good night to stay home. The streets are empty.
Suspected something like this. Would be interested to know if there is an article about it? Imagine many drivers would have needed to sell their cars to survive the shut down and resulting economic fallout on their financial lives.

Suspected something like this. Would be interested to know if there is an article about it? Imagine many drivers would have needed to sell their cars to survive the shut down and resulting economic fallout on their financial lives.
Go to Infobae. Put in taxis Buenos Aires. There is an article about the taxi situation.

Problem since October 2021

B.A. is for early-birds , if you go to a show on Ave. Corrientes and have a pizza later, after 11.30 no more Subway and FEW if any taxicabs , rely on apps ? maybe? This Christmas shopping period, even daytime its hard to find an empty cab.
A few years ago I was invited for a Christmas Eve dinner near Belgrano, had to stay there till 6 AM.no cabs.
I Only visit places near the Santa Fe Axis, to use public transport , walking alone at night is not a safe idea.
Uber has incorporated yellow-cabs among their fleet choices.

Last edited:
I'm also seeing this become increasingly an issue with Rapi delivery guys too. All this month I've been getting "pickup only" messages when trying to order, so I took a look at their Twitter, lots of angry people complaining of the same thing, all around CABA and GBA, including verified accounts.

I feel bad for the drivers as they're paid poorly, and Rappi targets immigrants, something I always assumed since most were Colombian/Venezuelan/Peruvian/Bolivian people based on their accents, and even I received their ads as I was Googling precarious residency certificate while waiting for my DNI to come, and a Rappi ad on facebook said I could start working for them with one. Nobody wants to do such a thankless job, especially when they get robbed, hit by cars, or rained on and I don't blame them.

Back