Most Comfortable Flight To Europe?

Only downside to TAM was going via sao paulo and I despise that airport, its like some kind of twighlight zone of perpetual boredom and theres no escape until that gate opens.

Very true. The airport in Sao Paulo is terrible. The international terminal is small and there is almost nothing to do there. Though if you have enough time you can take a free shuttle to a nearby hotel and have a drink and/or a snack by the pool. I did that twice with the Marriott when I had long layovers.

BA easily. At the end of the day economy is going to suck on all airlines. BA is the most direct and just as good if not better than all other options.

How about BA premium economy? If you have some wriggle room on your dates it's often only slightly more expensive than economy and worth every penny!

How about BA premium economy? If you have some wriggle room on your dates it's often only slightly more expensive than economy and worth every penny!

Ok..will take your advise seriously. Online reviews suggest that premium economy is as bad as economy.

In several airlines, premium economy is just economy, but you get the emergency seats which have more space.

I used to go with either Iberia or Alitalia. KLM goes directly from AMS - EZE but is too expensive. Alitalia was the nicest, i dont recommend Iberia. Transfer in Rome was easy, fast, nobody lost my luggage, they gave me vegetarian food and everyone had their own screen and movies to choose from. There was a flight attendant (a guy) that came to fill up my glass of wine without me even having to ask, just because i told him i couldnt sleep hehe. All of that cant be said of Madrid and Iberia.

I used to go with either Iberia or Alitalia. KLM goes directly from AMS - EZE but is too expensive. Alitalia was the nicest, i dont recommend Iberia. Transfer in Rome was easy, fast, nobody lost my luggage, they gave me vegetarian food and everyone had their own screen and movies to choose from. There was a flight attendant (a guy) that came to fill up my glass of wine without me even having to ask, just because i told him i couldnt sleep hehe. All of that cant be said of Madrid and Iberia.

Have to disagree, Alitalia on the couple of occasions I flew were bad journeys for me. First they give you the most rich food, olives drowned in oil and mozzarella and sunblushed tomatoes at the start of a 12 hour flight I could still taste them 24 hours later. Plus the people on their seemed to always be groups of either teenagers on exchange trips or full of babies going to see Nona.
Actually I think it was the first time I flew by myself to Argentina, had to go LHR to Milan and exchange. I was almost killed in the stampede to get to the connecting flight when the annoucement came 30 minutes before the flight we could now board the flight. No order, or anything, everyone for themselves and everyone seemed to be bringing suitcases with them as hand luggage. There was about 20 suitcases all left in the tunnel next to the plane entrance because people were trying to get them on as hand luggage. It was hilarious and utter madness at the same time.

Ok..will take your advise seriously. Online reviews suggest that premium economy is as bad as economy.

Premium on BA (at least on the EZE to LHR route) is 3 rows in its separate little part of the cabin. It has bigger more comfy seats, much more leg room and better food and service. We fly it every time we go back to the UK and it's a totally different experience than economy.

Actually I think it was the first time I flew by myself to Argentina, had to go LHR to Milan and exchange. I was almost killed in the stampede to get to the connecting flight when the annoucement came 30 minutes before the flight we could now board the flight. No order, or anything, everyone for themselves and everyone seemed to be bringing suitcases with them as hand luggage. There was about 20 suitcases all left in the tunnel next to the plane entrance because people were trying to get them on as hand luggage. It was hilarious and utter madness at the same time.

Hilarious! Enjoyed reading that.

I was almost killed in the stampede to get to the connecting flight when the annoucement came 30 minutes before the flight we could now board the flight. No order, or anything, everyone for themselves and everyone seemed to be bringing suitcases with them as hand luggage. There was about 20 suitcases all left in the tunnel next to the plane entrance because people were trying to get them on as hand luggage. It was hilarious and utter madness at the same time.

I witnessed the same when flying from Rome to Buenos Aires, and it was my first trip to Argentina. That our of boarding was like a revelation of the Argentinian craze without even having to take off from Italy. I would define Argentinian (or Italo-Argentinain) as geometrically optimistic.

Back